• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.
  • Hello and welcome! Please introduce yourself.
    Troubleshooting and classified posts in this forum will be deleted.

2000 svt

ruwfo

New CEG'er
Depends, too most people it's a 90's Ford, but to a few of us, it's still a cool car

Detailpro116

CEG'er
Only to those who know what it is and appreciate it. I took mine to a few car shows last year and literally nobody batted an eye at it or have it a second look until one guy saw it from down the row and I heard “holy **** a contour svt!” And then he geeked out like a school girl over it and we chatted for a few minutes and we moved on. I posted mine for sale several times and the only inquiries I ever got were “this looks neat, never seen one of these before, what’s your lowest price?”

I enjoy the car for its uniqueness. One of my first cars when I was young was a 98 Mystique and I just loved the way it drove and handled and it was a good reliable car passed down from my aunt and uncle. After joining the forums and learning about the SVT, it was my goal to have one. It only took about 15 years to happen.