• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 2000 CSVT in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelpony

New CEG'er
The Contour has been a great car and was my daily driver until I replaced it with a new Focus. I had plans to fix a few things and even acquired a parts car. Like many others I have found that I have way more projects than time. As the title states the car is a 2000 with approximately 145k. Runs, drives,and stops great. It is Black with MNB interior. The exterior is in fairly descent shape. The rockers are starting to bubble and the rear bumper cover is Trashed however, I did find another svt cover that will need sprayed. The windshield has a crack, the drivers seat has a small place near the shoulder where the seam has come un-stitched. The cover for the gear shifter is also un-stitched. The original SVT floormats are still there but they show 145k worth of wear. The resonators were taken out of the exhaust so its a little louder than stock. The main a/c line has a pinhole in it so it currently doesn't work. As with most contours, the sunroof will pop up and down but not slide as the plastic gears went to the wayside. The CEL light is on as there is one of the 4 o2 sensors that needs replaced. The fuel pump needs attention. If the gas tank is full, there is no issue, however once you get around a half a tank you can notice the issue. I daily drove the car with these "issues" for 2+ years. I would not hesitate to drive the car Anywhere right now....except maybe the desert because the AC doesn't work haha. The tires are in good shape, the brakes are a year or less old. It has a K&N air filter. All the jack point covers are in place. I am looking to to either sell both the SVT and the parts car or Just the SVT and you can get the needed parts off the parts car yourself for less money. The parts car runs too. it was my sisters 99 V6 contour that she finally parked at 250+k miles because it was too rusty to be "safe." I think the windshield on it is clean and I know the fuel pump works. He AC was unhooked but The line for it was still good and should work on the 2000. The picture below is the only one I had on my work computer. I can take photos of any or all areas that you want to see just ask. I would like to get $1600 for BOTH cars. I think my car alone is likely worth that. I got my moneys worth out of the car by driving it for the past several years. Id rather pass the car on to a CEG member who will truly appreciate it for what it is. Feel free to call or text me @330-604-1700 if you have any questions or want more pics.

Attachments

• photo16449.JPG
    photo16449.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
I would like to sell this car as opposed to see it just sit. I only want $1000 for the SVT and no parts car, however you might be able to scavenge a few parts if you do it yourself at no additional charge. I will likely have all the tools and a garage where you can do it. I will try to get more pictures up. Its a daily driver the way it sits for $1000. Good tires, and brakes and no rust holes. Only "major" issue is the rear bumper cover which I have already. Somebody please give this girl a new home!!!!!!

No Title

Attachments

• photo16593.jpg
    photo16593.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo16594.jpg
    photo16594.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo16595.jpg
    photo16595.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • photo16595.jpg
    photo16595.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Sorry for the photo orientation and poor quality.....I tried to do this all from my phone. At any rate, this is the last chance on here before I post it local. I have a video of it running that I can't seem to post...probably wrong format and I am not capable of converting it so I will post it to youtube and link it. Great car especially for 1000. I might even be interested in a trade or partial trade.

Just an FYI, the wheels are stock but have been rattle canned yellow with a clear coat and can easily be returned to stock with a can of aircraft paint remover and a little elbow grease

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back