• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2 years

bensenvill

Hard-core CEG'er
so this week will mark 2 years my cougar has been off the road.

(I did have it running briefly exactly a year ago, but the farthest I drove it was from the garage to the driveway and back)

I wouldn't have let it go on this long if I hadn't picked up that nicely modded tour.... it really quelled the need. sigh, but the tour is off the road as well (electrical gremlins, un-reliable).

I know I've said this for a while but I have everything I need to complete her, I just need to swap that tranny..... sigh... sorry thats my rant. I know its going to be worth it in the end.

well I'm off to the storage facility to drive the tour around for one of the last few times.

Why, you gonna sell it?

nope, no point when the tranny is worth significantly more than the car. Its a shame because its a solid car front to back with ZERO rust, anally maintained. but the wiring is thoroughly shot and the engine needs some new gaskets.

I had hoped to drive it for many years as I really loved the car but it paid for itself in use and now I have my own personal junkyard.... so it should be good for keeping the cougar fed with parts for the next 10 years.

I want to drive it around a few more times before I scrap it for parts.... which honestly may not be till the spring now.

Back