• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5l 98 contour to 3.0l questions

tonyr570

New CEG'er
I am thinking of a 3L swap on my 98 contour sport. I was wondering if it is harder to do a swap on a sport than on a svt. I saw that it has been done but i was just wondering what kind of difficulty I'm looking at here. It seems everyone says the ported 3L is easiest to do but i think that's on an svt just wanted to know differences. Also what is the easiest swap on a sport? I do have another car to drive so I can be with out it for a while. Is it basically just a bolt in kind of job or a lot of custom fabrication?

do your research. search the differennces in se and svt.

No difference as far as the work needed for the swap, you will need to decide the type of motor you are going to do so you know what parts. If you go straight 3L swap then there is no real difference. if yu are going to do SVT parts, then you would need to find the cams, intake, etc.......

The swap is not "just" a drop in no matter what you decide.

nope. its good honest advice. he obviously has not searched.

There are no differences in a 3L swap between an se sport and an SVT. That is the real question. He can still run the 17# injectos if he wants to.... however he will need a tune right away.

To answer your question OP.... The engine bay of an se sport and the engine bay of an SVT are 100% identical as far as dimensions and size of engine...

nope. its good honest advice. he obviously has not searched.

Newb,

I'm pretty sure andreslobo is ribbing you. If you look at your post count tab, it says you have made 55,021 posts as of my reply. With a join date of November, 2010, that indicates you are posting around 160 - 170 times per day. Quite an impressive feat.

Newb,

I'm pretty sure andreslobo is ribbing you. If you look at your post count tab, it says you have made 55,021 posts as of my reply. With a join date of November, 2010, that indicates you are posting around 160 - 170 times per day. Quite an impressive feat.

the 55021 is under his location. :laugh: his post count is only 549. :troutslap:

NOT good natured ribbing

NOT good natured ribbing

newb's unhelpful posts and one word posts are simply annoying.

Back