• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

1999 Ford Contour SVT 185000- Temperature sending unit

Mr Bill

CEG'er
Recently dropped a wrench on battery posts and had to replace pos and neg cables.

Car runs fine now except radiator fan does not shut off when running and have PS0018 code error( can't remember code numbers exactly from last night but it was a temp error ).

I think I knocked the temp. sensor below the water pump.

Question.

Did I knock off the wires off the temp sensor since mine has two inlets on plug but only one wire and sensor it plugs into has two prongs? Never had an issue like this.

Is this the temp sensor?

The temp sensor is for the temp gauge and only has one wire and not the issue. To clarify I have Code P0118 indicating a high voltage input from the Coolant Temperature Circuit to the PCM.

Will look to relays next if anyone has other suggestions.

After reading figured it out. There is a temperature sender (one wire) near water pump for the car temp gauge and a temperature sensor (near engine fire wall) to communicate temperature to the PCM. Found the temperature sensor and must of inadvertently disconnected it. Blower fan does not run non stop. Chime in if I have the terminology incorrect. Yaaaaaa

Back