• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1998 Ford Contour SVT Bondurant Instructor Car #1 (#0003)

boumacj

Hard-core CEG'er
All modifications for the Bondurant School were done by Roush in Livonia, MI prior to being shipped to The Bob Bondurant School of High Performance Driving in AZ. The car currently has 15,000 miles and is in storage. My plans to use it often as an Auto-X car and Open Road Race car never materialized as I just don't have the free time to get to the track. The engine and transmission of the car have been gone over and everything is in great working order.

The list of modifications is extensive and I have a bunch of pictures.

The main things most people want to know about with this car are the following:

-Engine and performance mods: lightened flywheel, customer headers, straight pipes, etc. which add an additional 25 HP.
-Halon Fire Suppression System
-Fuel Cell (connected to factory fuel filler)
-Roll Cage
-Longevity Mods: dual oil coolers, stainless steel lines, etc.

Many members here and on SVTOA have seen these cars in person and have ridden in them at the School. The car looks like it did when it left the School but in better shape. The seats and interior are nice--Roush integrated the cage into the existing interior. The car comes with two sets of wheels--the original E0 wheels(brand new) from the press photos of the car in early 1998 as well as the E1 wheels which the car was wearing when it was put into use at the School. The paint and stickers are faded a bit from the AZ sun but I would can the car wheeled out to see if I can bring it back (I never bothered to to it as I liked the originality).

Roush removed any parts that could fall off on the track--wheel center caps, jack point covers (I have 4 brand new that will go with the car).

I have the majority of the service records for the car and the maintenanace performed while at Bondurant.

***Something else of note is the extremely low build number. This car was the #0003 Contour SVT ever built and was tagged as a "Test Car" under the hood by Ford before it was sent to Bondurant. There are some interesting early build things on the car. The #0001 car off the assembly line has never been seen and the #0002 car became the SpeedVision Contour.

For CEG Members: $7,800

Please PM me with any questions or offers.

Thanks for looking,

CJ

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Is this street legal? What happened to the rest of the stickers?

I guess it depends on where you live, in MI just about anything is street legal. In some other states you would most likely need CATS to pass an inspection so that's not too big of a deal.
On the stickers, Bondurant went through multiple iterations of the graphics due to their small logo changes and sponsorship changes. CSVTFGM and I have talked about trying to get all new graphics for both our cars as it wouldn't be that difficult.

The car is sold to a new CEG member. I'm sure he'll be posting here soon with updates and more pics of the car. Great guy.

Lock it up.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back