• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Want to Buy 1998 Contour/Mystique Gauge Cluster for MTX, cruise module for MTX.

ZX2Fast

CEG'er
I finally finished the ATX to MTX swap on my Contour. I didn't realize the gauge clusters between the ATX and MTX are different. I guess this is what happens when you let Ford build a car and Mazda doesn't help them. Anyway, it is a 4 cylinder with a 1/98 build date. I have an early 98 Mystique cluster in there now and discovered that the fuel gauge worked backwards. I swapped the wires on the sending unit around and the fuel gauge works now. So, it doesn't matter if the cluster is from an early or late 98 as far as the fuel gauge goes. Unless you know of some other difference that makes it not work on the MTX. I have a MTX PCM in the car and the correct speed is being reported to the PCM, just not reading right on the cluster.

I fixed the cruise issue, it works now but it is.... jumpy. I don't know if the servo is geared differently since the ATX would need more and a faster opening throttle to make adjustments then the MTX, or if it is just the throttle cam on the throttle body. If you know this answer for sure, I'll be looking for whichever part I need, be it the CC module or the throttle cam.

If anyone knows of the correct resistor value that can be used to correct the speedo that is in the car, that information would be appreciated.

Shipping would be to 46013 and I do have Pay Pal.

I'll also let you guys know that getting another 8 mpg on the highway with the MTX is definitely worth the effort of the swap.

Last edited:
ill check the bone yard old friend ( its dropdatscort) from the old zx2 forum :) ill be going there saturday after work

Thanks. FYI, the cluster I need would have the ribbon plugged into the speedo. You know how most speedo's plug into the board directly with pegs? This one just bolts to the housing and has a ribbon that plugs into speedo.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back