• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

For Sale 1995 Ford Contour GL - 2.0L Zetec, Manual Transmission ($800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lycc825

New CEG'er
First, I want to thank this forum. You all have helped me a lot. Now, it's time to sell the car my wife's first car she's owned since high school. It's nothing special, but a couple minor repairs can get this thing back on the road reliably. We are located in the Seattle, WA area.

Owned this car in the family since July 2006, Been reliable with regular maintenance, until now the check engine light came on and it doesn't run as smooth as before. No time to diagnose so we bought a new car. Upon research, it may need a new EGR valve or PCV valve which are cheap parts. Recent oil change and coolant flush. I've done most maintenance to the car with a few trips to the shop for bigger services. I have most, if not all, receipts for the last couple years. The car is can be reliably driven in the Seattle area, but I'd recommend getting the engine hesitation (details below) fixed before going anywhere far.

Clean title, 197140 miles, VIN: 1FALP6531SK196185

New in the last 15k miles:
Timing belt
Water pump
Battery
Serpentine belt
Spark plugs
Valve cover gasket
Tires (Les Schwab, 60k warranty)
MAF sensor
Ignition lock cylinder

The good:
Quick acceleration, peppy engine
Good gas mileage (average over 30 MPG on mostly highway driving)
Power mirrors
Heat climate control warms up quickly
big trunk
Still have original spare, jack, and lug nut wrench
Flip up sunroof
No rust

Brutally honest, the bad (almost all cosmetic):
Dents and scratches
Radio wiring cut behind the radio from a theft attempt (original radio put in place to fill void)
Center console trim missing from the same theft attempt
Front passenger door does not open from outside (security feature?)
Interior cosmetically isn't something to write home about
Rear passenger window crank missing
Single layer crank on bottom of windshield, cop checked it out and said it's fine
AC doesn't work (probably just needs a recharge)
Rear seat is loose, but seat belts are solid and seat is still usable
Front driver door lock does not unlock from the inside
Air bag has been disconnected for some reason, was like this when we first got the car
Car starts and idles great, but needs to warm up before being driven, otherwise it hesitates under acceleration and sometimes stalls, also hesitates under 90%-100% acceleration

Comes with a Ford OBD1 code reader, Chilton service manual, old DPFE sensor, extra MAF sensor & housing.

Kingsgate area of Kirkland & Bothell.
Can meet most evenings after 6pm. Email with phone/text number and when you can meet.

$800 OBO

Attachments

• 20141019_221457357_&.jpg
    20141019_221457357_&.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20141019_221345506_&.jpg
    20141019_221345506_&.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20141019_221427816_&.jpg
    20141019_221427816_&.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20141019_221306968_&.jpg
    20141019_221306968_&.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20141019_221359529_&.jpg
    20141019_221359529_&.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

CLASSIFIEDS RULES

Transactions done here are at your own risk. CEG is not responsible.

Violations will receive a warning the first time and an infraction subsequent times.
  1. You must be registered for 60 days to post in the classifieds.
  2. Include a price and location.
  3. FS (for sale) or WTB (want to buy). No "feelers."
  4. When an item is sold, post "Sold!" in the topic. This will signal a moderator to lock the thread.
  5. You may post eBay auctions or Craigslist ads only if they are YOURS. Include the list price, location, etc.
  6. If you have multiple items for sale, please divide them up in the correct forums.
  7. Do not cross post your item in multiple areas.
  8. After an agreement has been made, all shipping talk should be via PM. You may put shipping options in the original post.
  9. Do not post negative comments about an item. If somebody wants $20k from a Contour, let them try.
  10. Bumping: After two weeks (14 days), you may post "Bump" to bump your item back to the top. You can post information updates, price changes, etc. at any time.

Last Updated: 7/20/22

Back