• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

17x8 +20, can we pull it off?

I think jaged is running a 17x8 +20ish on his cougar. I am running a 17x8 +33 and I loooove the fitment. I dont think the CSVT has as much room in the rear as the cougars, what size tire do you plan on running?

With a proper size tires? You'll probably need the fenders pulled, just rolling the inner lip won't give you the clearance.

17 x 8 et 30 would fit flush in front. Your looking at 10mm poke. Tire and pull will help. Back will fit with less poke.

im flexible on tire size if that will make them work. I found a set and havent really seen many tours with a good bit of offset other than the axis ne-o's that are floating around.

If I can make 17x9 +20 fit with some poke, then anything is just a joke.

See what I did there.

ANYWAYS! I'll put it like this for comparison sake.

Stock E1 6.5" wide, et 49.
8" et20 will gain you 48mm more poke than the stock E1s.

thats a little shy of 2". and im sure the stock e1s are not flush as it is , so it might prove interesting to try.

theres a post on neco. i guy from Ukraine had 9.5" ET32 on his rears and its probably the sexiest cougar iv seen. i wanna do what he did, but i cant find rims in our lug pattern and that offset.
its not 20 offset but you can at least see how 32 works out being very wide.
i know contours might have less or more room but its a good comparison

linky
mod list on last page

theres a post on neco. i guy from Ukraine had 9.5" ET32 on his rears and its probably the sexiest cougar iv seen. i wanna do what he did, but i cant find rims in our lug pattern and that offset.
its not 20 offset but you can at least see how 32 works out being very wide.
i know contours might have less or more room but its a good comparison

linky
mod list on last page

The Cougar may be able to pull it off much easier but the Contour doesn't have the same clearance. Also, his wheels are 35, not 32. It might not seem like much of a difference, but when you're pushing the limits already, a few mm can make a huge difference in fitment.

My girlfriend's SVT sitting on stock suspension with 17"x7.5" +35 BBS RX's with 215/45/17 tires actually rub the top of rear liners with enough weight in the back. YOOOO had these wheels before me and was using spacers with no problems. Though I'm sure if the rear seats were loaded up it would have rubbed.

mine are 17x8 with a 19mm. ill be going wider for next season, probably 9", gotta do some measuring though

Back