• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Awd>1wd

How bout this classic?

1010478.jpg

I'm limited to 2.695 liters or less for my first three stage rallies. I'll use my svt engine for now.

I'm limited to 2.695 liters or less for my first three stage rallies. I'll use my svt engine for now.

I would have been really surprised if you had decided to use a turbo zetec for this, seeing as everyone here has an unmeasurable hate for that engine. But depending on how the car performs it could put you in a better class for competition. :shrug:

I'm sure there's probably some sort of restriction on forced induction. It'd be crazy to limit everyone to 2.7 liters, but have no restrictions on FI - you could have 170hp cars trying to compete with 300hp cars. But maybe I'm wrong.

I would have been really surprised if you had decided to use a turbo zetec for this, seeing as everyone here has an unmeasurable hate for that engine. But depending on how the car performs it could put you in a better class for competition. :shrug:

Ok, the only benefit one would believe of the Zetec is the weight savings which is negligible when you take into account the power difference...if you turbocharge the 2.5L V6 you will make more power and more torque more reliably than the Zetec for less money.

All awd turbo cars must have a 34mm intake restrictor within 10mm of the turbo compressor. I'm limited to a light class for my first three stage rallies because I've never run a stage rally before. I can't use a zetec because it won't bolt up to the jag gearbox.

Not only that but the headache of transplanting a ztec into his SVT would be fairly high.

Last edited:
That damn race wars. You go to the warehouse for a sr20 and all they seem to have is duratecs. Who the hell wants to put one of those in a contour?

Back