• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Project time

skunk

Veteran CEG'er
I noticed before I put the car away for the winter that two of the spark plug tubes had a small amount of oil in them . So I decided it's time to do a little project or maybe big lol . When I get it out in the spring I'm bringing it to my friends shop to use his lift . I'll be doing the valve cover gaskets and tube seals , new plugs and wires . I have been holding on to a brand new motorcraft water pump and since just about everything under the hood is 23 years old it's time to replace all the hoses and the pump. Replace the belts ( they have been done before ) new battery ( 7 years on current one ) and a oil change plus tranny fluid drain and fill . Should be good as new after . The spark plug tube will be the first leak ever after 23 years to happen , only thing to date that crapped out on the motor was a cam sensor that's it so I have been lucky . Look forward to digging in and saying some swears no doubt :):) .

Hope everyone is doing well. I miss the good old days for sure .

Last edited:
Glad you're doing well and bringing it up to speed! I've got similar concerns about gaskets and hoses - almost everything is original, 25 year old rubber, etc. Everything runs fine but you never know.

The forums are slow these days, especially in New England.... I think I can count on two hands the New England folks who still own a CDW27! There is an active community on Facebook (SVT Contour Group). Many CEGers are there.

Sometimes I envision the future of this site. There is such a wealth of valuable information. Maybe future efforts will revolve around a document repository or knowledge base. The software migration we did in 2021 enables ideas like that, but it requires money (licenses), volunteer time, and willpower to execute.

I haven't seen a Contour on the road in 10 years easy, but outside of mine and 2 other NECO members I've seen 2 Cougars in New England.

Hope you're doing well as well. It is a bit sad that it's so dead now, but it's always good to see new posts. Let us know how your project goes, hopefully it doesn't turn into a huge project!

I have a E98 svt in silver frost. Its my daily driver. I absolutely love this car. I am going to do a 3L hybrid swap when I move to florida this summer. I have met very people that actually know what they are. Back when Ford was made by menly dudes and an SVT division.

No updates yet. his shop was busy before I left for the cape. I was gone for 2 weeks . Back now so I'll see when I can get the lift but no rush.

Glad you're doing well and bringing it up to speed! I've got similar concerns about gaskets and hoses - almost everything is original, 25 year old rubber, etc. Everything runs fine but you never know.

The forums are slow these days, especially in New England.... I think I can count on two hands the New England folks who still own a CDW27! There is an active community on Facebook (SVT Contour Group). Many CEGers are there.

Sometimes I envision the future of this site. There is such a wealth of valuable information. Maybe future efforts will revolve around a document repository or knowledge base. The software migration we did in 2021 enables ideas like that, but it requires money (licenses), volunteer time, and willpower to execute.
You should do the hoses , plugs wires etc. You know Murphy's law , it will happen in the worst place. After I'm done it will be in a good place . Did tires 2 yrs ago, lower control arms from sho shop last year when they had their close out sale . BAT suspension 3 yrs ago and I have been using Amzoil signature oil for the last 4 years and tranny fluid car loves it .

Saw you at Dunkin in Sturbridge Wednesday morning, car still looks great!

We now live just down the street from that Dunkin. Wanted to stop but was headed to NJ for work for a few days. Would be fun to catch up. Any local car gatherings? We occasionally hit Birdhouse Cars & Coffee in Windsor CT.

That's cool. I'm not far from it either . No local gatherings. I did a lot of shows for years with my mustang but got bored with that so now I just drive them and enjoy . Not sure if ever seen it but here is a pic
mustang 061.jpg

All done. Valve cover pretty easy but the hoses , what a huge pia I mean huge PIA . Got it burped and blowing hot air . No leaks after letting run for about an hour and taking to for drives . put it back on lift and looked it all over. a/c still blows ice cold also after all these years . Just a great car minus it being cramped under the hood . Glad it's over .

Back