• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

There are certain things I won't do to my Contour

ZeroHour

Mod/Salad Tosser
There are certain things I would like to do with my contour that would basically destory the car...Whats the next best thing? an 87 Cavalier! I might have a toy to go driving though the woods :crazy: I'm going to see it Sunday and be the owner by next week!

Cavalier.jpg

Oh and I still didn't get my silver turn signals...lol and its still too freakin cold to change the waterpump and temp sensor, or paint the eyebrows.

Looks like a good winter beater. :)

The next few days are going to be even colder, looks like it will be a bit until you can install the water pump, etc. :(

Just an update:

Went to look and drove the car. I was fairly happy with it. I need to check on the insurance monday and see what the cost is going to be. Problem being: No abs, no airbags, I'm 20. We'll see what that comes out to insurance costs.

Oh and the car is going to be, or will be painted if I buy it. Any suggestions?

you musht rattle can it about 7 differnt colors, a must for winter beaters. i had a 89 s-10 that was white black grey green blue yellow and red with duct tape racing stripes and chrome sprayed wheels it was great
jon

Yeah, make it like the Partridge family bus. It'll be the Partridge Cavalier.
:cool:

You aren't going to carry full coverage on it, are you? I would think it would be cheap if you carry only basic liability with no collision. Hope it works out for you.

Last edited:
o yea and go to the junkyard and find as many badges as you can and line them up the hood, thats always fun too. porsche 944s are pretty easy to come by

We don't need no stinkin badges. :)

I'll go for the rattle can paint job but badges, I'm not so sure about that. :shrug:

I was actually thinking silver with a black body/hood stripe. Or just all out black. Was orignally thinking a darker blue, but decided not to because of the lack of my ability to make it a metal flake blue. haha

and btw I won 100 off football squares! haha So money to buy the car is a must, but still waiting on the insurance quote.

two tone it with black and red. with red on the hood roof and trunk. i got sum rc car bodies done that way the look awsome. albit they are skyline and wrx bodies

If only you lived closer , I'd love to have you flame my rat-rod Volvo I'm building . I was actually just thinking about it today at lunch . Right now , my plans are semi-gloss black & pale yellow scallops on the front . I've also got some interesting plans that I won't reveal till I show it off ;) ...

did someone say scallops?

elcamino1sm.jpg

that was my first ever custom paintjob....looked alot better before the car sat for a long time.

i had that design pinstriped on the car for a long time and one day while working at the gastation i decided to mask it off and spray some yellow, it was fun.

cant wait till it gets a little warmer here and i can start really playing around!

Back