• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Looking for a shop to optimize my Y-pipe

vudusvt

CEG'er
I have a couple of places in my neighborhood that I could probably use, but I wanted to check here first & see if anyone could recommend a shop (or fellow CEGer) that knows what they're doing.

I'm in Norwalk, BTW.

TIA.

Just a heads up, some shops may not help you out. The Y-pipe is before the CAT on our cars, so it's "illegal" to modify anything that is cat or before, per CA law. (Even though the y-pipe mod, is very simple and easy to do with the right tools)

Now i got it done in a Northern California shop, but i no longer have a conntection there.

If the shop you contact is cool, they may do it after hours as a "project" but may ask you to pay in cash so theres no paper trail.

Just don't be surprised if a couple shops you contact turn you down at first.

Good Luck,

LUpe

my boy John can do it. he's the guy that did my 3L and is finishing up Mattie's trans job. we had even been discussing doing a possible core-Y pipe optimization thing like Pole does with the poly mounts. you, or anyone else who is interested in having install work/welding etc done can contact him at johntheshoguy@aol.com

he lives in Woodland Hills, in the san fernando valley :cool:

he plans to get a drive on lift eventually.....then we can install subframe connectors at his house! :crazy:

Thanks for the heads-up Lupe.

Steve, that sounds like a plan. Especially now that I've graduated (again) and gotten a real, *grownup* job. Woodland Hills isn't too far from me- I've bought *used* camera equipment from a guy out there a few times.

Do you still the same ph. # that you had given me a couple of years ago?
How much would John charge, BTW?

ill be getting back you, or you can email him directly. he said he needs to review the how-to again cuz he said from what he could recall, off the top of his head, it was a little involved.

eh, as i told vudu in pm, he's getting kind of booked right now, and more importantly, he thinks it may be rather complex, based on the how to write up. he believes he'd need the car actually here and it would be much simpler when he get his drive on lift in the next few weeks. he wants to mull it over some more.

one thing is for sure though that if he will do it he'll do it for a good price he does it for the enjoyment of putting more performance into these vehicles and keeping these Fords on the road in good running condition.

Back