• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

I snapped!!!!!

Coutes

CEG'er
ok i was taking out my blaupunkt HU which was stuck in there like a mofo (had all the little metals clips pushed up) and had to take out the center console and all those pieces. I wasnt really paying attention and pulled the boot off of the ebrake :( and broke 3 out of 4 of those little T pins, i guess you would call it? They are just little plastic pieces. I looked in the how-to's and one person used fish line..Any help or ideas would be great.

its those pieces that the boot clips fit onto..they just slide on
i found a pic in the how too area.
boot.jpg

I refashioned my whole boot mountby grinding down where it mounts to on the center console went to Home Depot, got some double bubble epoxy w/ stainless steel 3/8" anchored plates w/ the thread rod to the edge of the plate w/ some nuts and washers and mounted it that way. now whenever I need to take out my c/c to work on the power inverter for the playstation all I have to do is screw off the nuts and rotate to take it completely out

My e-brake boot support is also broken. The plastic broke and I lost a small piece. I've dropped money, food, and other small things in there. Hopefully there will be more suggestions about this.

Back