• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Walbro fuel pump

PuckPuck

CEG'er
What is the part # of the 255lph walbro fuel pump I need for a returnless fuel system. A link with a website that has them for a low price would also be very welcome.

From what I read just about everywhere on the net, walbro fuel pumps, won't last very long on a returnless fuel system...

I even called up a dealer, told him I had a returnless fuel system, and he refused to sell me the pump...

Now I have a Focus SVT pump right now... some places say its a 255 lph pump, other places say its a 190lph pump... which is right 190 or 255?...

if it is a 190lph pump, then I need to know what is a suitable 255lph returnless fuel pump I can use

I don't know what it is, but why don't you stick with what you have and keep the boost moderate till you dyno. Then increase the boost and tune accordingly until you are starting to go towards lean (a little bit). If you command more fuel at that level and there is no sign of it getting richer, then you probably have a pump issue and you can replace it.

I don't know what it is, but why don't you stick with what you have and keep the boost moderate till you dyno. Then increase the boost and tune accordingly until you are starting to go towards lean (a little bit). If you command more fuel at that level and there is no sign of it getting richer, then you probably have a pump issue and you can replace it.

I though about that... then though about costs...

a dyno tune is 200$ easy... fuel pump is 120$ tops.... and if i buy a new pump, I can sell my existing one for 40$ or so.... I just don't feel like spending the 200$ twice for dyno tunes, because I didn't want to spend the 80$ in price difference earlier....

I though about that... then though about costs...

a dyno tune is 200$ easy... fuel pump is 120$ tops.... and if i buy a new pump, I can sell my existing one for 40$ or so.... I just don't feel like spending the 200$ twice for dyno tunes, because I didn't want to spend the 80$ in price difference earlier....

If your fuel pump makes/breaks the tune then get a new tuner.

As long as the current pump is working then you should be able to raise and lower boost within a reasonable range and the air fuel ratio should be preserved. Swapping a pump will not affect that.

Back