• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check out my donor cars mangled rod.

BurritaSVT

Veteran CEG'er
I was fortunate enough to find a stock car someone sent me to use as long as I need it. But of course I have to return the favor by fixing the car for free as long as he got the car to me. This is what I found when I pulled the oil pan to find out why he couldn't turn it over. Now this engine 3 liter made one block around the neighborhood before he destroyed the motor.

The mechanic who did the swap obviousily missed a gear and revved the carp out of it and obviuosily road it out since the metal in side had time to round it corners. Now this is what you get when you have someone who has no idea how to build a motor or drive it. The owner of the car had nothing to do with it his mechanic charged him 600.00 and he had 900.00 in new parts and motor. So obviousily I will be looking for a new motor to out in it for the 3 liter.
broken_rod_001.jpg

broken_rod_002.jpg

Oh Sh!!!!t

The owner should present the photo and ask for a refund (plus the cost of parts) from the no-good mechanic!

Oh.. he didn't even MENTION the FORD PARTS LABEL, plastic ring (like an injector spacing ring), and RTV sealant found all in the pan and windage tray!

SHODDY SHODDY SHODDY!
:nonono:

Wow! I see the Ford parts label now.... and the wire it was attached with! That right there is enough to get that short bus mechanic to pay for parts and damage.

Wow! I see the Ford parts label now.... and the wire it was attached with! That right there is enough to get that short bus mechanic to pay for parts and damage.

Wasn't attached to a wire... wrong type of label. thats a ring (or better yet, whats left of it) you're seeing.

it is indeed a ring. and i havent seen that bad of work EVER. and i have just graduated from 3 years of auto schooling. iv seen the tranny drained and the engine oil filled to instead of 4.5 but to 9 on a mitsu GSX and then started and dudes like, why wont it go in gear(auto, no fluid :/) but that is bad and sad. i would be so dissappointed. to even begin with words anyway. lol

in other words

whol-ey shiznit!

Wow that was worse then I was expecting after I talked to you on the phone mark

WTF? Unbelievable. :shocked: :nonono:

I hope he is going to get his money back?

Based on the terrible sound my car made when it died I expect to see something similar in my pan. I will def share some pics.

Back