• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

MSDS Header Sale (Feb)

I got voice mail from Marty today. The $200 bare pipes is confirmed, and then $20 off for February, but wait for February to start first. I left message that I wanted to hear about coating them, and his message back was to talk about it when ordering. Also talked to Eric at BAT for measurent of the dual input cat. How long from either input flange to the back of the cat because of my short rear deck. It's too much to ask a member to get under there and measure.

Gar

haha do you think they would take 10% off the headers, gasket and MILs? Cause that about what you would need for a base install.

Actually, unless something changed, they were $200 even for the bare headers. With the February sale going on, you can take 10% off of that.:cool: Definitely call for individual prices, as this was back when Marty had me setup his group buys.

Mark

Yeah, I just added in the $30 for shipping. So it's $210 shipped for bare uncoated headers. Should've specified.

I'm in on this w/my tax returns. I'm doing an MTX swap in my Coug so I'll be a little easier to get to w/the subframe out.

I almost called today without knowing of the February deal to ask the question: I have a 95 with just the two O2 sensors for fuel management, is a version available without the OBDII (emisions test, second pair) O2 bungs? Does anyone know already?

If the bungs you need are in the same spot, you can just get a plug for the un-used ones. I think there are $1.50 threaded plugs at the auto parts store, or perhaps Home Depot.

Has anyone built true dual without a crossover?

Demon (DemonSVT) has true duals, and I think one other CEGer does too, but I don't recall who. Try to find Demons web site for some pictures under the car. The old furums & archives may be helpful.

Wow, 660 is a really good deal, for Y-pipe AND headers. i was going to buy Y pipe come tax return but if i can get headers for a few hundred more.... :ponder:

I'm glad you guys had to stink up a thread that had absolutely nothing to do with a rip-off company like Weapon R. :rolleyes:

Mark

x2

I bought MSDS headers for 220 shipped awhile back and got them ceramic coated on my own. Great mod! And yes, the sound is sweeeeeeeet! :drool:

Will these bolt up to a 3.0l block no problem? Also is the ceramic coating worth the extra cost? What does it do besides protect the pipes from rust?

Yes, they bolt right up to a 3L, just like they would the 2.5L. Did you buy that red SVT with the "SHO" motor? Hopefully your signature shows your sarcasm towards the whole ordeal? Anyway, the MSDS headers will bolt right up to your 3L Duratec. If you plan to keep that Vortech though, you'll have to shell out a little more for the MSDS headers that they make for the Vortech supercharger. The coating will help with rust, salt, and any other corrosion.

Mark

Mark

I can have my powder and ceramic guy coat these on the side for $70 a set plus shipping in a high-temp two-stage black ceramic.

headers1.jpg

headers3.jpg

headers4.jpg

~Josh

Back