• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hmm what do we have here?

DSC01183.jpg

Notice the center counsel is sitting on the sink meaning the HVAC's are mounted. Im going to put the HVac's from my car in the counsel when i swap out bezels either tomm or friday

Im going to use some 303 on the counsel and if it doesn't clean it up really good ill probably paint the whole thing black. I don't think it would look wierd since i have Black Sparco's

Last edited:
Ya If I had some skills like you, Id smooth out the dimpley look, and do a complete gloss black like you see in those ricers in those magazines. But watch out for a sunny day so you dont get blinded from the glare! Hott. Looking forward to more pics. whats going on in that ebrake gulley? looks like it almost spells /////lpine. lol get it lol. 01

look'n sweet. I've got no Idea how the HVAC's hook up, but how do you manage to re-locate those controls? Are there electrical/mechanical or what? I've always wondered the mechanics behind moving those...

You should def quit your job and focus on producing these as kit for sale...well ok not really feasable, but it would be nice

Well good news the HVac's are fully functional, My back hurts, the double din works perfectly.

Bad news my back hurts, a contour cannot fit a double din radio and have it look stock the heaterbox hits it behind where the HVac's are stock. The fiberglass bezel is now seperated from the stock ford peice. Not sure if i wanna continue with the double din or go to something that takes up less room.

It did look sweet before the glass gave way under massive pressure LOL

Well good news the HVac's are fully functional, My back hurts, the double din works perfectly.

Bad news my back hurts, a contour cannot fit a double din radio and have it look stock the heaterbox hits it behind where the HVac's are stock. The fiberglass bezel is now seperated from the stock ford peice. Not sure if i wanna continue with the double din or go to something that takes up less room.

It did look sweet before the glass gave way under massive pressure LOL

you didnt measure it before hand? damn that sucks, how tight is it... do you need like an extra 1/4''?

Back