• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Hmm what do we have here?

Just out of curiosity, couldn't you have used the part you cut off the dashboard from where the HAVC controls were mounted?

Otherwise, it looks awesome. Much more work than I think I have patience for.

I don't know if I fully explained what I meant.

This makes it easier.
thatpart.jpg

You're using that part still?

Its there, look closer. It closes what was the open end close to the Ebrake.

I don't like the pre-98 at all soo to me its much more important. So to me this looks way better and functionally will work way better than it in the glove box or anywhere else other than the stock location. You would still have to do some stuff to get the HVAC's to fit correctly into the pre-98 din slot not a direct fit

Not to mention the lack of cupholders on the pre-98. Very annoying, and I dont count those little can sized holders!

umm...why not flip it around so it faces the driver instead of the passenger? Seems like it would be easier to use when driving...

err, wait. It is that way. I'm an idiot.

Steeda that looks badass. Cupholders suck (at least the non updated ones) Please dont post pics of a GPS NAV unit in there when youre done cause I will hate you even more than I do now. Are you gonna stick with the black HVAC overlay? Oh, maybe youre gonna sell the combo for mega bucks......I get it lol10 Do you think when you put a screen in there that you can get the FORD SVT logo to display as a screensaver?

Last edited:
It all depends on what Double din you get. some you can change the background image, some your stuck with jumping dolphins LOL

Primer coat #1 most will be sanded off to expose the imperfections.

Obviously still wet

DSC01174.jpg

Last edited:
Back