• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Read/Search First Contest

SVTPHAT

CEG'er
I am begining to become a CEG Forum Adict, but there is one thing about this site that makes me want to knock out the next person that post this to answer someones question, "READ/SEARCH FIRST" It's like you all are in this Contest to see who can be the first to Post this. Now I'm not saying that it's right for people to be lazy, but seriously New Members are going to be New Members no matter what and for the obvious, that's not going to change. I'm also not saying its wrong to post this, because everyone has to learn how to use the forums eventually it's just a LITTLE "over used" on here. Basically for those of you that are in this "Contest" you are saying that there doesn't need to be anymore Discussions on the Forums since you can find every answer possible in the Old Forums. In that case the forums should just be changed to the "CEG Search Engine." I have been on plenty of other forums and never have I ever seen so many people that think they know it all by getting to be the first to post "READ/SEARCH First" to someones question...

"I'm probably going to get kicked off the Forums for this, but I'm just saying how I feel"

I am begining to become a CEG Forum Adict, but there is one thing about this site that makes me want to knock out the next person that post this to answer someones question, "READ/SEARCH FIRST" It's like you all are in this Contest to see who can be the first to Post this. Now I'm not saying that it's right for people to be lazy, but seriously New Members are going to be New Members no matter what and for the obvious, that's not going to change. I'm also not saying its wrong to post this, because everyone has to learn how to use the forums eventually it's just a LITTLE "over used" on here. Basically for those of you that are in this "Contest" you are saying that there doesn't need to be anymore Discussions on the Forums since you can find every answer possible in the Old Forums. In that case the forums should just be changed to the "CEG Search Engine." I have been on plenty of other forums and never have I ever seen so many people that think they know it all by getting to be the first to post "READ/SEARCH First" to someones question...

"I'm probably going to get kicked off the Forums for this, but I'm just saying how I feel"

ROTFL. Nah, I don't think you will get kicked off. Although, you will get kicked in the toushy the next time we see you. :laugh: I would probably be the first to do it. In fact, let's have a Spring Zing 07 fundraiser, "Kick SVTPhat in the Toushy for $1 Contest". :laugh: I'm sure our forum will never be lacking in funds ever again.

Actually, in recent times, we have been more reserved in the Search First "request" due to the new forums and the fact that there is less info. Give us time and the database will be built up in the new forums and then.......

Incidentally this is from the,

"Forum Posting Rules
FORUM GUIDELINES AND USER AGREEMENT
HINTS AND SUGGESTIONS

1. Research the accumulated knowledge of the group whenever possible (i.e. SEARCH the forums and archives and look at the FAQ.s) before asking an obviously common question."

In all seriousness, learning to use the Search function is a good thing. How do you think we manage to provide answers to most questions? ;)

Last edited:

If you bothered to SEARCH before posting you would see this was just answered in the thread 2 above this one!!!!:laugh::laugh:

Oh wait, you didn't ask a question.

If you bothered to SEARCH before posting you would see this was just answered in the thread 2 above this one!!!!:laugh::laugh:
ROTFL. :laugh:

SVTC1136 wins this contest, hands down! :laugh: Contest is over, the rest of you guys/gals, don't bother. We can request that this thread be locked now. :laugh:

See the thing about some newbs, is that they ask a question that has literally been asked to the point of ad naseum and generally its in the "Read Me First Before Posting" thread thats stickied at the top or its in the FAQs. Honestly, if they didnt read the "Read me First Before Posting" they deserve to be told "SEARCH!" since they obviously didnt read before posting.

Generally, I'll give the answer and say search before asking question, because theyve already been answered.

Its when they continue to ask questions that get asked every week and they dont take the advice to search that irritates me.

Btw, SVTC1136 was joking, but hes right. This very topic has been brought up before. :laugh:

Back