• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

2.5l Forged Pistons

00TourSVT

CEG'er
Is there any place still offering forged pistons for a 2.5L? Or any piston offered somewhere people have found that will lower the compression, even cast?
(without custom ordering at this time).

I know diamond pistons did, but none of the vendors that use to stock them like ADC do anymore. I might try to call them (diamond pistons) anyway and see if they still have some even though they aren't listed. also, can't see anything listed for Sealed Power pistons either.

thanks in advance.

the 8.5:1 compression pistons for the 2.5L are still on the website. they do custom work also....you'd just have to send them the piston you want and then tell them what you exactly want.

thanks for the quick reply,

are you talking about the diamond pistons? which site were you looking on? i probabley overlooked them, i kinda get that way on friday's, need a drink to clear my head.

you have to look around for a while to find it, i cant remember exactly where i saw them on the site, but they still offer them. they are 8.5:1 for the 2.5L and 9:1 for the 3L's. it was on diamond racing's website.

i called them but the shop closed a little more than an hour ago. i'll try them again on monday, i'll make sure to ask them what they can do. i'm looking for a different compression ratio so i am not sure if they can do anything for me....but i'll ask about the low compression domed or flat tops for boost.

much appreciated, i found some on federal mogal website, but i believe they are stock compresstion.

i have built 2 turbo motors for mustangs, and i could trip over any part i needed walking down the street. kinda frustrating with my own tour now, but i was looking for a challenge.

Back