• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

How Many Miles on CSVT?

is it your daily driver luca? im just very impressed that you've only racked up 11k in 4 years...i bought mine 2 years ago with 90k and im at 140k now

Technically, it is my daily driver. I just don't drive it every single day. ;)

Got mine four years ago in March with 79,000, I now have 90,015 on the clock.
Still running strong.
**knocks wood**

Emission exempt again this year (under 5,000 mles a year). :cool:

wow! sunday driver or what luca?! i wish i could keep my mileage down like that

is it your daily driver luca? im just very impressed that you've only racked up 11k in 4 years...i bought mine 2 years ago with 90k and im at 140k now

Mine's a sunday driver ... about one sunday a month , that is (sometimes a lot less than that) ;) . I bought my '00 new , and it now sits at 36,4xx miles . The most per year I put on it was first year we had it - I put 10-12 thou on it (don't remember exactly) , and the least I put on it was 3 years ago , when I put 1,100 miles on it that year . I've been averaging 4-5k a year (emission exempt each year) .
I enjoy driving it (sometimes too much ;) ) , I just don't drive it that much . It's kinda a shame , but it keeps it lookin' pretty darn nice :) . I guess I just get enjoyment out of owning it ... while I still do ;) .

I hope my car looks as good as LUCA's car when it reaches 90k :drool:

Mine's a sunday driver ... about one sunday a month , that is (sometimes a lot less than that) ;) . I bought my '00 new , and it now sits at 36,4xx miles . The most per year I put on it was first year we had it - I put 10-12 thou on it (don't remember exactly) , and the least I put on it was 3 years ago , when I put 1,100 miles on it that year . I've been averaging 4-5k a year (emission exempt each year) .
I enjoy driving it (sometimes too much ;) ) , I just don't drive it that much . It's kinda a shame , but it keeps it lookin' pretty darn nice :) . I guess I just get enjoyment out of owning it ... while I still do ;) .

I hope my car looks as good as LUCA's car when it reaches 90k :drool:

you are my hero, if you ever want to sell it to a good home, im your man!

150k just turned over last week, and it's had 32 bottles of giggle juice put through it, and it is extremely strong!

about 145k...I don't know exactly because the ford dealership put in a new speedo/odometer...but failed to transfer the old miles onto the new odometer :blackeye: hahahah technically i now have "10,000"

99 SVT Contour, 71k miles. Drives like a new car. No known mechanical issues, warped dash, roof and trunk have spider cracks forming in the paint.

I've had several people make that same statement - we'll see who actually steps up when it hits the block ;) . I have a feeling this year will be my last Spring Zing as a CSVT owner ... there's plenty of lead-time for ya :) .

post up some pics, i dont recall if ive ever seen your car buddy

I'm not much of a pic-ho ... sorry . Take a look 'round my Webshots folders ... you'll find plenty of piccys . Take a lookie - there are 2 pages , BTW . Latest pics on page 2 , IIRC .

Just turned 80K on our 2000 Toreador Red/Tan SVT. I am the second owner and bought the car from out of state original owner one year ago based only on email photos and phone conversation-never drove nor saw the car "in person" before purchasing. They delivered the car to me based on my comittment to purchase car. A gamble of sorts but felt like I had won the lottery when they drove up with the car. I paid $6500 for it and would put it up against ANY 2000 SVT Contour, in both physical and mechanical condition. We also have a MINT 96 Cobra (with only 73K) and just bought a new 07 Fusion SEL and of the three I would rather drive the Contour ANY DAY!

Steve
Birmingham, AL

Not an SVT but the next best thing ('98 SE Sport 6 cylinder 5 speed)

28,600 miles

It had 24,400 miles on it when I got it on eBay in September. I put 1500 miles on it just getting it home.

Back