• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

HID price range

Glad someone else can see where Goonz and I are coming from....
I understand where you are coming from but not many people are going to tackle a project like projectors/OEM HID kit.

I was just stating that there are decent, well priced non-OEM HID options.

Projectors/4300K HIDs are the way to go.:cool:

I see what you're saying hector.

What I dont understand is why people are wasting money on 200+ rebase 8000k kits when they can get the same results from some silverstar bulbs! If you're serious about an increased lighting performance (which is what everyone says is the reason they upgrade) they wouldnt bother with these rebase kits. Now if the primary reason is for that blingbling JDMy0 look then have at it...

CEG always complains about prices on things, but go around wasting money!

I see what you're saying hector.

What I dont understand is why people are wasting money on 200+ rebase 8000k kits when they can get the same results from some silverstar bulbs! If you're serious about an increased lighting performance (which is what everyone says is the reason they upgrade) they wouldnt bother with these rebase kits. Now if the primary reason is for that blingbling JDMy0 look then have at it...

CEG always complains about prices on things, but go around wasting money!
True.....8000k and above is overkill. I think my 6000k kit I had on my Tour was a good compromise between aestetics and light output.

Since the Evo I have seen the light.:laugh:

True.....8000k and above is overkill. I think my 6000k kit I had on my Tour was a good compromise between aestetics and light output.

Since the Evo I have seen the light.:laugh:

I remember Kevin and I comparing out outputs with me commin up more crisper :cool:

6000K is the last I'd go up to..reluctantly lol

anything over 6000K then you need to be
icon_toilet.gif

Last edited:
What I dont understand is why people are wasting money on 200+ rebase 8000k kits when they can get the same results from some silverstar bulbs!

What I dont understand is where you come off saying something like this. Stop saying this crap just because the noobs buy into you, there is no way in hell silverstar and 8000k even come remotely close to comparing. Take it from a person who has owned both... Jesus, that statement was a joke. It made me laugh, just like you whiney HID nazis :laugh:

What I dont understand is where you come off saying something like this. Stop saying this crap just because the noobs buy into you, there is no way in hell silverstar and 8000k even come remotely close to comparing. Take it from a person who has owned both... Jesus, that statement was a joke. It made me laugh, just like you whiney HID nazis :laugh:

look whose whining :rolleyes:

I can come off saying something like this because Ive done my research rawbutt.

I've had silverstars
I've had 4300k D2S bulbs in factory reflectors
I've had 4300k Rebased D2S
I've had 6000k Rebased D2R
I've had 8000k Rebased D2S
I've had 4300k in hella 90mm, bosch ece, and valeo dot / ece projectors

I've got the experience here buddy! Im allowed to talk about this ****, because I know what im talking about!

OMG, they're from China. Dont buy them!

Like I've heard that they likeeeee burn out in the first 5 hours of use.

Gtfo

You complain about us 'whiners' and you stroke the fire. So either Shut up about the information we provide, or quit your *****in'

I am here to let people know that there are other options besides what you guys provide. Its a public forum, I will provide information as I please... If you dont like that, then you gtfo... k whiner

I am here to let people know that there are other options besides what you guys provide. Its a public forum, I will provide information as I please... If you dont like that, then you gtfo... k whiner

Indeed, but I wouldnt be an upstanding member of this community if I didnt provide my information in reply to your flakey information... After all its a public forum designed to help right?

Back