• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

3L build :)

SVTRacer

Hard-core CEG'er
053.jpg

Follow along here: http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?p=695544#post695544

and i will post some un-posted pics here that were not in there and some cool ones as well.

Also; if anyone has off during the day or weekend and you would like to get some seat time in a motor swap, PM me. We'll work something out.

a little update:

0013.jpg

I finally went out and got PB Blaster, so i got a lot done. The front bumper is off, the brakes/rotors are off and the hubs are coming off tomorrow. i have already blasted the exhuats bolts so they should be somewhat decent when i go to pull it out. i've still got a lot of questions on the wiring harness as to what to pull off and leave on and what not. I'll probably be PM'ing DanG and 281Thunder with some questions too.:eek:

No problem! If you have any questions, it's all still fresh in my head. Dan helped me a good bit through PM's as well.

I left my hubs on the halfshafts though, and pulled them together as one unit. That way you don't have to worry about buying more expensive hubnuts and getting them cranked back down.

Yep. Passenger side is easier. The driver side is a little tight when trying to get the slide hammer and puller in. But once you get the half shaft out of the trans it'll slide right out. Make sure your dad is there, it's a lot easier with two people.

Back