• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fuel pump?

something else to check before you going removing the pump, check that the inertia fuel shutoff switch isnt tripped, its on the left side of the drivers foot well.

I did check it but Pud did something different, there are two buttons down there. :help: Red and black one.

Does it look like it would work? I am looking on Rockauto as well, and some don't say what type they are...no build date or anything. :help: Damn you 99's for having both types of systems....even though I know what mine is now. They also mention terminal sizes, thin and thick. :help:

Yeah that's whats kept me from ordering.. Maybe give them a call? :shrug:

i just bought a pump from autozone, i forget the brand name on the box, but the pump itself was stamped Walbro. it was $100 (same price as ebay)

I did check it but Pud did something different, there are two buttons down there. :help: Red and black one.
then i guess the first thing to do is verify that the pump is getting power. unplug the connector on top of the fuel sending unit, turn the key on and check for 12v at the connector, IDK what pin number yours is as i dont have a wiring diagram for 99

then i guess the first thing to do is verify that the pump is getting power. unplug the connector on top of the fuel sending unit, turn the key on and check for 12v at the connector, IDK what pin number yours is as i dont have a wiring diagram for 99

will do. Anyone have the diagram for that?

in my book the positive feed for the pump is vt/og violet and orange stripe. See if you have 12v between that and the black ...G.

Does it look like it would work? I am looking on Rockauto as well, and some don't say what type they are...no build date or anything. :help: Damn you 99's for having both types of systems....even though I know what mine is now. They also mention terminal sizes, thin and thick. :help:

I just emailed TRE, they say it will work.

What questions did you ask them about it?

Hello, i have a 1998 Ford Contour SVT V6 i see that you make a fuel pump for the Ford Contour, however, Ford, changed the fuel system around 1999, So MOST v6 cars before '99 have a "return" style fuel system. The fuel is pumped to the engine and unused fuel is returned back into the fuel pump. My question is, would this be compatible with my car? i couldn't tell from the pictures.

Thanks,
Adam
Yes, this will be compatible.

Thank you,
Nick North
TREperformance Inc.
760-586-5617 M-F 10-6 Pacific
www.TREperformance.com
- Show quoted text -

A pretty basic response, but if it doesn't work I'd shove that pump some place where he wouldn't want it. :)

I am trying to remove the pump but am running into some problems. There are the two fuel lines coming out of the pump housing top....a red and white one. Red one came out fine, but the white one is being a bugger to get out. The tabs that are attached to the pump broke off....the actual line part is fine so I won't need to drop it. Now that I know I am getting the whole housing, I don't care if I mangle the rest of the tab....but anyone know of a way to get that part off? :help:

Checked with an ohm meter and the pump was getting power, but it wasn't turning on at all.

the retaining clips for the fuel lines are just like the vacuum lines on the UIM. you don't need the tabs for the lines to be ratained either.

Still can't get the white line off. :help: I don't want to break the line itself and if I use something to pry it up with, I think that will happen. I destroyed the "clips" that hold it in...so they aren't even a problem anymore and it still won't come out. Red one slid off no problem....not so with this one. Any tricks that someone knows or am I missing something?

Back