• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC: BigC Pre98 Switch Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigC

CEG'er
Hey guys, based on some private messages I've received, as well as interest shown in my classifieds thread, I'm going to go ahead and make a new run of my switch panels. Here are some of the pics in case you missed the classifieds thread:
switch01.png

switch02.png

switch03.png

And the one currently in my car:
contour03.png

The prices would be $35 shipped (brushed finish) and $40 shipped for polished/powdercoated. I'll make a list in a few hours stating what powder colors I have available and I'll go ahead and start production. I would like to know how many are interested. Please add your name to the list:

-Chuck

P.S. I will also consider the option of sending with switches of choice (led color, rocker vs. toggle) for an additional $10.

The real question: Is it worth it to ditch the cupholders? I'd like to run an amp kill switch there as well as fog lights...hmm....:ponder:

Do you actually use the cupholders?

And i know i don't have any, so these would be perfect to fill the void :)

What size is the hole for the switches? Can we get larger/smaller sizes if necessary?

I don't have one in front of me at the moment, but I am 99% sure that the holes I used are 7/16" which hold 99% of typical switches snug. If necessary, I can make different hole sizes as well as different number of holes, although I think that three switches this size looks best. I use my switches to relocate my O/D, amp killswitch, and for my underbody LED's.

Get the Taurus Cupholders....then get the plate.

Man I can't do without cupholders :crazy:

If you do the Taurus cup holders and put them in the upper DIN spot and the radio in the lower you will most likely hit your hand off the radio when shifting....I know I did when I tried it there. And I doubt you can do it the other way b/c your hand will hit the cups

I came up with this idea out of necessity. Most of us pre-98 guys don't have cupholders. When I bought the car new in 96, it had the dual-cupholder setup, and by 2000, they were both broken. I lived with it for a while, but in 2003 when I decided to restore the car for show, I had to do something. When I found out what Ford was charging for a replacement, I put my mill to good use and this is what I came up with. After showing some pics on the old forums, I realized that others wanted it. Between the group buy and PM's, I sold several. When a few people backed out, I had unsold items and in the years since I have sold all but two- the one I had for trade in the classifieds and the one I'm using in my ride. According to recent interest, others want these too. I can only recall a few of the members who purchased these, but hopefully those who have them will notice this thread and vouch for my fitment, quality, and fast shipping. Regardless, let me know about the interest. Otherwise, here are the powder colors I can offer: fire-engine red, royal blue, lime green, mirror gloss black, mirror gloss white, black with gold vein, yellow, turquoise/teal, and orange. For an extra $5 I can also offer an anodized look (like the one in my ride) where I will polish the switch panel to a mirror finish and then powdercoat it in a candy red or candy blue. In the same fashion I can polish the piece and then finish it in mirror gloss clear, which provides the look of a polished aluminum piece with the ease of maintenance powder provides for years of use.

Come on people, I NEED this. With all the PM's he received, can't some of you pony up, and get this going. :help::help::help::help::help:

1. Chas - Polished w/mirror gloss clear

I'll sell you the one I was going to trade away. This isn't going to take off. I'll send a PM with more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back