• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

After 6 hours of detailing...i present to you

Must be an 05 based on the color. GTOs are fun to autox, you can steer it from both ends, the rear of course with the go peddle.
edit: I guess I couyld have read your signiture before posting but oh well.

Looks like it's going to rain :blackeye:

Car looks great, man.

lol nah it was just getting dark. i started around 1pm, finished around 7 and then started messing with the sirius antenna and a couple other things. by the time i got to take pics it was after 8pm.

but yeah, part of the reason this is being posted now is because it has been raining for about a month straight here in NY. haven't been able to do anything with the car except a quick wash here and there since i got it. this was the first detail.

got some better pics this morning...will post later. maybe a vid...we'll see. the sound of the exhaust freaks out the mic on the camera.

the 04 is still dual, just exits on one side. many people swap hoods and rear bumpers from the 05/06 onto the 04 but there are a few other ways to tell if it's an 05/06. The color...the painted brake calipers (only 05 and up), or the 18's.

ok so here's the pictures i took this morning. note to self: i need a camera with a bigger screen that isn't impossible to see in direct sunlight (hence the off centered pics)

DSCF2373.jpg

DSCF2371.jpg

DSCF2370.jpg

DSCF2368.jpg

DSCF2367.jpg

DSCF2363.jpg

DSCF2366.jpg

DSCF2372.jpg

this is how i keep the gauges set cause the digital speedo makes it easy to keep track of exactly how fast you are going...you know, being a cop magnet and all

DSCF2374.jpg

i wish you could individually select what was displayed on each screen...but i guess that would be hoping for too much! lol! here you can't see my 12.9mpg fuel mileage on the right side due to glare:

DSCF2375.jpg

i think you can get the gauges reprogrammed...still dunno if you can select what goes on each screen though.

thanks kev! hopefully i will be able to make an appearance at SZ '10. this year was impossible due to a vegas trip 2 weeks afterwards, but next year i have nothing officially planned lol

Your mpg is your radio station backwards! :cool:

lol!

notice the shift light on the tach right above the rpmx1000 text...damn thing is disabled from the factory! wtf? ! it's still in there but you have to get your gauges reprogrammed to enable it! lol!

Beautiful car.

About a month before I bought my Cobalt, I was going to buy an 04 GTO, blue with white stripes, blue leather, 05 hood, aftermarket exhaust...god that thing was nice, sounded amazing :drool: ... car got sold the morning I was going to go cut the check for it. :cry:

otice the shift light on the tach right above the rpmx1000 text...damn thing is disabled from the factory! wtf? ! it's still in there but you have to get your gauges reprogrammed to enable it! lol!

That's F'ing ghey! Why did they do that? Scared you'd drive it like it should be driven?

How's it holding up? I heard when they first came out, people were complaining about the Holden platform not performing/holding up that well.

That's F'ing ghey! Why did they do that? Scared you'd drive it like it should be driven?

How's it holding up? I heard when they first came out, people were complaining about the Holden platform not performing/holding up that well.

i dunno why...lol does anything american auto makers do really make sense most of the time?

anyway, i've only had the car for a few weeks. so far so good. i'm aware of all the standard issues that happen and know what to look for and expect, but luckily nothing is out of the ordinary.

the reason I think a lot of people didnt like them so much is because they were pretty much just a rebrand. Nothing about it screams GTO or anything.

that being said, I love the holden platform, and the gto in that color is sexy as hell! nice detail

i'll be honest...i couldn't imagine a "retro" styled GTO being sold today. it just wouldn't work.

Well since there is no Pontiac, we don't need to worry about that. To me the GTO looks like a big Grand Am or G6....sort of blah, but they do have a bit of hotness to them. I do love the gauges though

Back