• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

twin turbo

Twin Turbo, again????

Forget that, I might as well figure out a way to put Joeys NPG Turbo Kit mated to his supercharger kit(when its out) and have a blast from there....

- amyn

you know back in the days when John colletti was head of SVT, he said, one thing they wish they had done with the SVT contour was make it AWD with twin turbo pushing into the 320HP range. I read that in MMFF

you know back in the days when John colletti was head of SVT, he said, one thing they wish they had done with the SVT contour was make it AWD with twin turbo pushing into the 320HP range. I read that in MMFF

really? cool. in the first place, that idea would've been thrown out before he even finished uttering the words at the design table. a foor door car with more power than the iconic pony car? not in the 90s:crazy:. secondly, that would push the price from 22,000 new to about 30plus grand. i doubt many would've bought a 30thousand dollar contour.

really? cool. in the first place, that idea would've been thrown out before he even finished uttering the words at the design table. a foor door car with more power than the iconic pony car? not in the 90s:crazy:. secondly, that would push the price from 22,000 new to about 30plus grand. i doubt many would've bought a 30thousand dollar contour.

I couldn't agree with you more. would be nice though........

This thread reminds me of how I'm still pissed off at ford for not makeing the new focus rs all wheel drive. If they made a ~35 thousand dollar awd focus, people would buy it. I'm Just saying.

Or a $45k Taurus SHO :help:

I don't know got this link from one of the links above...

Twin Turbo Speed6

This doesn't look like FAIL to me :shrug:

This is sounding exactly like whatever one said about an AWD Contour, but alas that's now been done successfully too :help:

So I'd say stop all the BS. That CarDomain site shows that it has been done so blah. Give it up already people. If someone did it in a Speed6 it can be done in a Contour as well. Now that said I'm not entirely sure it would really be worth it other then bragging rights and the ability to put a Twin Turbo badge on the back of your Contour :crazy:

EDIT:
Heres the pics of the front and rear turbos...

frontturbo.png
rearturbo.jpg

frontturbooverview.jpg

First off it is not a Speed 6,it is a 2004 Mazda 6S and it belongs to a friend of mine.We do have more room under the hood than a Contour does.

Please get the facts straight.

A Speed 6 is a turbo direct injected 4cyl with AWD from the factory and was produced from 2006-2007

First off it is not a Speed 6,it is a 2004 Mazda 6S and it belongs to a friend of mine.We do have more room under the hood than a Contour does.

Please get the facts straight.

A Speed 6 is a turbo direct injected 4cyl with AWD from the factory and was produced from 2006-2007

blah blah blah...

here was my point... its a flippin twin turbo duratec. It can be done.

My friend has a Speed6 I know what they are. I simply quoted what I saw elsewhere. To be honest you don't have that much more room under the hood. So yea that's no excuse for someone not to be able to pull it off in a Contour if they wanted too.

There... facts straight. Go climb a tree.

Oh and it be best to get your facts straight too... you own a 3L Duratec in a Mazda... I don't know what this Duratech engine you speak of is.

Unless of course you swapped a Duratech heat pump to power your Mazda. Eco friendly too! Go green buddy.
duratech.gif

blah blah blah...

here was my point... its a flippin twin turbo duratec. It can be done.

My friend has a Speed6 I know what they are. I simply quoted what I saw elsewhere. To be honest you don't have that much more room under the hood. So yea that's no excuse for someone not to be able to pull it off in a Contour if they wanted too.

There... facts straight. Go climb a tree.

Oh and it be best to get your facts straight too... you own a 3L Duratec in a Mazda... I don't know what this Duratech engine you speak of is.

Unless of course you swapped a Duratech heat pump to power your Mazda. Eco friendly too! Go green buddy.
duratech.gif

And you wonder why people think you are a douche?

apparently he made his point as you changed your sig :laugh: But seriously Mike is far from a douche.

I've only read two of your post, but yeah, I'm wondering....:laugh:

Oh good times.

djquik1 seeing how you don't post much on here no hard feelings this is a good forum to belong with a lot of knowledge and, apparently in your opinion, a lot of douches too :laugh: Enjoy.

Oh good times.

djquik1 seeing how you don't post much on here no hard feelings this is a good forum to belong with a lot of knowledge and, apparently in your opinion, a lot of douches too :laugh: Enjoy.

No problem......Just one douche as i see it.I may not be a regular to much on this forum but I was the one to get Fluidampr to make a 10% underdriven damper for the 3.0 and I think a few of your community tried it out as well.

Check references on other forums if you like.

I just don't see how you are going to fit twin turbos on a Contour when you have less room than the 6 does.The twin turbo set-up in Justin's car is a very tight fit.....with less room(such as a contour) I don't see it happening.

With all this douche talk, I think somebody might have had their feelings hurt and need a hug from the hug kitty.
Tiger%20Hug.jpg

Back