• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Help me please

Goumba

Hard-core CEG'er
I want to be done with my car already. I'm about to have enough money to finish my car, but I still can't find one bearing. It's the bearing for the output shaft in the gearbox. That's the biggest thing holding me back right now. The person who helps me find it can get the first ride. Once I have enough money saved up, I'm just going to spend a whole morning ordering all the parts I need to finish. I expect this to happen sometime next month. After I have all the parts, who wants to come to the shop to help me button up the rally car? I'll even have east bay raceway allow me to do the testing if it all works out well. I hope to have everything done by the end of august, so there's still plenty of time to plan a weekend trip to Tampa.

I can do cosmetic and electric thats about it. Ive seen you work, youre too fast I would be in the way to try the output shafts etc etc. I do need to come by the shop anyways to give you $$$ and get that tool I left.

I still need that bearing. Is there nobody that can help me out? The parts department at ford says it's discontinued. I don't know what to do.

Call Tousley Ford and i forget the guys name or call Bill jenkins and i also for the number..LOL..But i could come up and help ya out for a day Just give me a day and a time and i'll make sure i dont have any work that day..

the trans is still an MTX75 correct?

Yes. The gears are cut a little different than the contours mtx75. That's the biggest difference. The bearing for the input shaft was the same part number as the contours. I got that one weeks ago. I still need the bearing for the output shaft. This one simple part has held up this prodject more than everything else combined so far.

which side of the output shaft?

edit: send an email to or call Bill Jenkins at Team Ford parts

Back