• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ok, so I need to get my car inspected and its got 4 codes

jared. i dont have any personal problems with you. i have a problem with the way you word your posts. you always answer the OP's questions as if you have a definite solution to his/her problems. what experience do you have with diagnostics? just what you learned from scott? if i remember correctly, you didnt know jack until you started hanging out with him. he told me that you would stand and watch while he worked on your car. you didnt even know when he pulled a spark plug wire from your car :troutslap: this is my last post in this thread. sorry to the OP for cluttering it

as for EGR's, they do clog, i've replaced many that were so clogged with carbon that they couldn't function anymore. as brapple said, yes, pressure test the valve. that will give you a very good idea where to go next

jared. i dont have any personal problems with you. i have a problem with the way you word your posts. you always answer the OP's questions as if you have a definite solution to his/her problems. what experience do you have with diagnostics? just what you learned from scott? if i remember correctly, you didnt know jack until you started hanging out with him. he told me that you would stand and watch while he worked on your car. you didnt even know when he pulled a spark plug wire from your car :troutslap: this is my last post in this thread. sorry to the OP for cluttering it

as for EGR's, they do clog, i've replaced many that were so clogged with carbon that they couldn't function anymore. as brapple said, yes, pressure test the valve. that will give you a very good idea where to go next

actually I had assisted in 2 motor swaps before I had met scott, furthermore I did a lot of diagnostic on my pre98 long before I had met reebs or bagged, although my knowledge then was a lot more basic, I knew how to do all of the basics: brakes, oil changes, spark plugs, wires, coil pack, thermostat. But of course I have learned a lot since I have hung out with bagged you have to learn somewhere right? Again like I said Smalls, if you have any personal issues (which this obviously is) take it to PM. As for the spark plug wire issue bagged did that intentionally as an april fools joke to me, I didnt notice it had happened until I was driving BACK to his house a few days later, when the plug wire had jiggled loose and caused a Cylinder misfire... at which point I got to his house and said "it just started misfiring on me" he popped the hood and pushed the plug wire back in before I had even had a chance to look at it myself, and to be fair the plug wire was below the IMRC so upon visual inspection it looked like it was still attached, although like I said I never had a chance to even touch it before bagged had fixed it.

wheres a good place to get the dpfe sensor? I dont really want to spend like $30 on a vacuum pump to troubleshoot if its a safe assumption to say its the sensor. Wouldnt my car idle like hell if the valve was open?

yes if the egr valve was open at idle the idle quality would be bad and it would want to die. also you don't need a vacuum pump to check the valve. put a hise and it and apply some vacuum via your mouth.

you can get the dpfe from your local parts store. you could try a used one but that might be bad also. you can use the 3L ones so I bet someone has one around they can sell you, check the classifieds. might just want to pony up and go to the dealer as often aftermarket sensors don't work well in our cars.

Back