• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spark plug stuck

tfsbecause

New CEG'er
I have a 98 Contour 2.0L, 4 cylinder. The spark plug is rounded off and I can't get anything to grab on to remove it. I have no idea what happened or when.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get it out?? I am not working right now and would really rather not take it in if possible. Thanks!

i was in the matco store at my college and saw them on the shelf. 3/8" drive deep easy outs. i was so tempted to buy them. i probably should have

edit: matco part # MDBX9

In 10 years of turning wrenches I haven't seen a rounded off spark plug still in the head, I would start with a new 5/8" deep 6 point socket and see if that can get it out. Never tried it before but might try one of those "as seen on TV" grip everything sockets. I know I've seen them at Home Depot in the past.

I have used a bolt out socket from sears. saved me a lot of time when my oil drain plug was rounded off. Those sockets are cheap too. definitely worth a shot!

i was in the matco store at my college and saw them on the shelf. 3/8" drive deep easy outs. i was so tempted to buy them. i probably should have

edit: matco part # MDBX9

Dude he's not working, he would need 2 jobs to afford a matco set!

Matco tools are the shizz though!!!

Last edited:
Back