• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

pics of contours with door ding guards removed?

wow, i guess i should read, didnt realize [FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif][SIZE=+0][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Knauberized [/FONT][FONT=arial,verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]meant the same thing! sorry!
[/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Search for "knauberized" and you'll find a ton of pics. Actually, just click on almost any of the pics & vids threads as probably 95% of Contour owners remove their door ding strips. I'd do the work for you but that wouldn't show you how to find what you want. :laugh:

Mark

Here's the Silfro I sold that got wrecked shortly after. It really cleans up the side of the car with it gone. :drool:

sideprofile.jpg

I think I'm the only one who likes them.

The 99+ Are UUUUUUUGGGGLLLY so i might consider if i owned one... but i don't

Before you do it, triple check all your doors for any signs of paint work. Typically when a door gets painted, the door dings are left in place and painted right over. If you try to remove it, you may end up damaging the paint or having it look worse after because of the paint and clearcoat ridge.

I think I'm the only one who likes them.

The 99+ Are UUUUUUUGGGGLLLY so i might consider if i owned one... but i don't

I'm a fan of the 98 style too. The 98.5+ door dings are terrible looking. I plan to pull them off my 00 SVT once my girlfriend gets it.

I like the 98 style ding guards, but anything else I will rip off, heres my SVT...

DSC00485.jpg

win!
DSC00290.jpg

fail!
DSC00298.jpg

for christ's sake, peak underneath all of them before removing because you don't want to get to the last one and find a crapload of clearcoat ridge from a repainted door like I did.

for christ's sake, peak underneath all of them before removing because you don't want to get to the last one and find a crapload of clearcoat ridge from a repainted door like I did.
happened to me too. got it all repainted and it still doesn't look the same :cry:

Back