• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Dyno runs... post 'em.

I think he kind of wanted a mod list posted :shrug:
Hahaha, I didn't want him hiding something :D

Very nice Tyler, should do alot better if you tune it, if you look at your graph when the secondaries are supposed to open the HP/TQ lines freak out :crazy:

actually most everyones graphs came out like that. i would say its definately part the car and part the dyno, it sure needs a tune :)

Ported 2005 Taurus 3L - untuned
-SE lower intake
-17# injectors
-SVT UIM and TB
-cone intake
-MSDS headers
-stock Y pipe
-test pipe
-magnaflow res. and muff's

190 HP
193 TQ

Ported 2005 Taurus 3L - untuned
-SE lower intake
-17# injectors
-SVT UIM and TB
-cone intake
-MSDS headers
-stock Y pipe
-test pipe
-magnaflow res. and muff's

190 HP
193 TQ

Should have gone full 3.0L. :laugh: Just kidding. Time to start freeing up your exhaust a bit and get a y-pipe on it!

Nope - y will be the last thing.

Your priorities are a little off :D.

1. SVT injectors
2. SVT LIM & fuel rail
3. Tune
4. fix and re-paint front bumper

21. do something with the y-pipe

I should be around 200hp/tq when those things are done - pretty good setup for how easy it was to do. I was hoping for 180hp/tq considering it was under fuel'd and under intake'd and still no tune..... I am super happy though I forgot to tell the dyno guy to put the A/F sniffer in and that was the most important thing I needed too:blackeye:.....

Here are my charts. for the lack of real mods on the car I was totally impressed with my numbers. This is the original 140k motor with headers bat pipe and open air filter. Car has 2 tunes(idk the difference:shrug:) First sheet is one tune second sheet is the other.

DSC00123.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00130.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

You got that much tq out of your car :shrug:

It seems they have the tq and hp switch around in these dyno reading si keep seeeing :crazy:

You got that much tq out of your car :shrug:

It seems they have the tq and hp switch around in these dyno reading si keep seeeing :crazy:
I was really impressed by my numbers considering the minimal mods the car has. Oh and BTW where the hell were you I know you showed up later Sat but I never even got to say hey!

Not sure about anyone else but I wouldn't be looking at those torque numbers where the graph is wavy I don't think your cars were going back and forth 20-30 ft lbs of torque in a couple hundred rpms. Sorry Icy the way I see it you have slightly better torque and horsepower through out the hole range not a jump to 177 which is where the graph is screwed up. Same with Tricker you first graph is nice and your second with the waves gave you the high torque number I just don't think it is real unless you physically saw your car jumping around. Still great numbers Tricker.

I agree with that. It should be the constant arc of numbers to be looking at, not the spiked out #s. Still looks like they are within a few numbers so it is close. I would say it is about a 2-4% loss with those spiked points. So 4-8 hp/tq less than the highest if you are basing it off of 215.

ryan put down 322 whp 350 trq but his wastegate spring isnt good enough at 14 lbs the exhaust pressure is opening the waste gate and dropping his boost down to 8lbs so he's gonna do more.

That is correct, I am going to order the 8lb spring today and get it re-dyno'd this or next weekend and see what 14psi really does for the car:laugh:

Not sure about anyone else but I wouldn't be looking at those torque numbers where the graph is wavy I don't think your cars were going back and forth 20-30 ft lbs of torque in a couple hundred rpms. Sorry Icy the way I see it you have slightly better torque and horsepower through out the hole range not a jump to 177 which is where the graph is screwed up. Same with Tricker you first graph is nice and your second with the waves gave you the high torque number I just don't think it is real unless you physically saw your car jumping around. Still great numbers Tricker.
eh the one high tq# maybe a fluke and I wasnt going to really claim that one anyway. I was going to go with my 160/160 run and even then I am still impressed with that coming out of a car with no svt parts at all.

Back