• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

IC - Testarossa Cam Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NVSVT

CEG'er
The corporation I work for owns several companies... one of them is Star Finishes (www.starfinishes.com), a Class A powder coat facility. They have a patent pending conversion coat process called StarGuard that actually seals and protects aluminum parts even before powder coating. The powder is then applied using state of the art systems and is cured at 400+ degrees. If you want to know more about their process go to: http://www.starfinishes.com/star_guard.htm

They powder coated a set of cam covers for my SVT Contour (see attachments) and I thought maybe someone else would like a set too. Since I already paid for the powder they can offer this color/finish (only) at a discounted price. The price is $75 a pair + shipping for 1-9 sets and $65 a set + shipping for 10 or more sets.

Before someone asks, No, the oil cap isn't included, and No, HKS doesn't make an oil cap for the Ford Contour. If you want one like it I can get one for you... the price will be $67.42 each + shipping.

If you'd be interested in a set of TR Cam Covers please indicate below.

1. -
2. -
3. -
4. -
5. -

If you'd be interested in the HKS Oil Cap please indicate below.

1. -
2. -
3. -
4. -
5. -

Attachments

• Testarossa Cam Covers.jpeg.JPG
    Testarossa Cam Covers.jpeg.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • Testarossa Cam Cover - Inside_1.jpeg.JPG
    Testarossa Cam Cover - Inside_1.jpeg.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Testarossa Cam Cover - Inside_2.jpeg.JPG
    Testarossa Cam Cover - Inside_2.jpeg.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 0
Um. Is the surface of the powder coat smooth? I wouldn't think it would be a good idea to PC where the gasket goes. My .02. Looks sweet, want to see them installed.

That is just a red wrinkle powder coat on the covers. Not sure why you/they coated the inside. Oil might eventually loosen the coating causing pieces to fall into the oil galleys and maybe even clog up the oil pickup tube..... definetly shouldn't have put a textured powder on the gasket surface. Coating looks nice though. Good luck with the group buy.

That is just a red wrinkle powder coat on the covers.

The powder is manufactured by Prismatic Powders (http://www.nicindustries.com/prismatic_powders.php), so it is not "just a red wrinkle powder coat"... Star uses only the best powders.

Not sure why you/they coated the inside.

Check-out the stock SVT cam covers... they are powder coated inside, including in the O-Ring groove!

Oil might eventually loosen the coating causing pieces to fall into the oil galleys and maybe even clog up the oil pickup tube..... definetly shouldn't have put a textured powder on the gasket surface.

Did you read about their conversion coat process... I assure you this powder isn't going to flake-off! This company does work for companies like Harley Davidson, and for customizers throughout the west coast. They know their business and that's why they offer a 2-year warranty on all their finishes.

If anyone is interested, but doesn't want the inside coated, they can do that.

Coating looks nice though. Good luck with the group buy.

Thanks for the comments, and the compliment.... Star always does good work.

I've done several group buys over the years... they are a lot of work! After all, I'm not doing this to make money... I was just trying to share one of my sources. If no one is interested it makes life easier for me...

those covers are hot! If only it was blue instead of red lol Red wont match anything I have:blackeye:

Blue would be cool. Kind of like the Ford GT valvecovers.
-tropictour

I don't know what color Ford GT valve covers are, but I'm having Star powder coat some sway bars for me (SVT front & Roush rear) in Ford racing blue satin.

I'm also having them refinish some ATI rear sub-frames in black satin PC, and some air box/heat shields in polished silver ceramic, and a Specialized mountain bike frame in S-Works Team Flo Red, and some strut braces (OMP front & BAT rear) in clear anodized satin PC, and...

Hopefully you get the idea.

DT.

I don't know what color Ford GT valve covers are, but I'm having Star powder coat some sway bars for me (SVT front & Roush rear) in Ford racing blue satin.

I'm also having them refinish some ATI rear sub-frames in black satin PC, and some air box/heat shields in polished silver ceramic, and a Specialized mountain bike frame in S-Works Team Flo Red, and some strut braces (OMP front & BAT rear) in clear anodized satin PC, and...

Hopefully you get the idea.

DT.
Post pics of those when you get done, nice parts and color choices too, good taste. Email sent also on rotors.
-J

Check-out the stock SVT cam covers... they are powder coated inside, including in the O-Ring groove!...

I just did my 99' SVT cam cover gaskets and they did NOT have a coating on the inside or gasket channels. That's not to say a 1mm bead of gasket sealer wouldn't seal the coated channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back