• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Group Buy: Deep set chrome gauge cluster trim rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine installed today. Best interior mod I've done in a long time. Hell I haven't even done a mod to the car in a long time. Very easy to do and looks much better in person. Gracias.

Sorry to say that mine did not fit well at all... One was too small that it barely stay put. The other large ring was too long to even fit in the hole! I had to file down both sides to even get it to go in and not leave a gap. Just trying to fit it scratched the hell out of the black plastic on my gauges. And in trying to file them, i scratched the polished surface when my file slipped :blackeye:. Luckily I was able to polish out most of that with some sandpaper, rubbing compound, and polish.

Word of advice, if it doesn't look like its fitting, don't force it. Start filing the metal. I wish I would've just realized that these didn't have good enough tolerances from the beginning and instead of trying to force it, just start shaving it down.

It's in, one side could still fit better, but they aren't coming out since they somewhat hide the scratches I made in the black plastic.

actually i should say, how do i remove the trim piece that is attached to the dash board, the part with the clock in it?
remove the clock and the rear window defrost button. behind them there are a total of 3 screws. there are 2 more that go up at an angle near the cluster. after you have removed all 5 screws (i recommend a magnetic screw driver so as not to drop the screws behind the dash) the bezel just pulls up and out.

remove the clock and the rear window defrost button. behind them there are a total of 3 screws. there are 2 more that go up at an angle near the cluster. after you have removed all 5 screws (i recommend a magnetic screw driver so as not to drop the screws behind the dash) the bezel just pulls up and out.

if your like me i'm scared to scratch things so i always use a thin cloth and wrap it around my pry tool just incase it slips. a paper towel works most of the time too.

I ordered my trim rings directly from the tuning shop cuz I missed out on the group buy, they should be in this week. I have at least one dash light burned out so I was planning on replacing it when I do the trim ring install, I was wondering if anyone knows the bulb model/style number so I can buy them in advance instead of waiting for the disassembly and inspection. Thanks in advance!

I ordered my trim rings directly from the tuning shop cuz I missed out on the group buy, they should be in this week. I have at least one dash light burned out so I was planning on replacing it when I do the trim ring install, I was wondering if anyone knows the bulb model/style number so I can buy them in advance instead of waiting for the disassembly and inspection. Thanks in advance!
i believe the technical bulb number is a 161.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back