• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Totalled SS

Thankfully he had the insurance replacement protection plan in the event of an uninsured motorist totaling his vehicle.

Amen. Guy I know got nailed by an uninsured driver while he was on his motorcycle and nearly had to have his foot amputated! He was out of work for just over a year because he couldn't walk for six months then had to go to physical therapy. He got almost NOTHING out of the driver because he sued her for all she had, and she had next to nothing. He's now stuck with most of the bills.

One could say Karma. However, if he doesn't have a license or insurance, does he have health coverage or is everyone going to forced to cover an enormous medical bill on top of all the other costs he has imposed already?

oops, sorry, Diva, it was just an attempt to be funny, commenting on Bob's post where he said he'd probably kill the kid.

I should have worded it to read: we could always bust the kid up and claim he was "hurt in the accident". My bad, I fail at teh funny. :troutslap:

Well, turns out this was all a made up story. From a different angle...does anyone see what really happened...

untitled-1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

...and it's still got a dealer tag on it...hmmm...

Well, turns out this was all a made up story. From a different angle...does anyone see what really happened...

...and it's still got a dealer tag on it...hmmm...
Link with proof??? According to the story he only had the car for 20 hours. No reason there wouldn't be a dealer cardboard plate on it. There'd be a temp tag in the window. It's not like everyone runs straight to the tax assessor's office and gets plates the day they buy a car. I almost always wait the entire 30 days the temp tag is good.

Link with proof??? According to the story he only had the car for 20 hours. No reason there wouldn't be a dealer cardboard plate on it. There'd be a temp tag in the window. It's not like everyone runs straight to the tax assessor's office and gets plates the day they buy a car. I almost always wait the entire 30 days the temp tag is good.

Look at the pics closer...it's obvious to see the cause of the accident.

And anytime I've ever seen a temp tag, it goes where the regular tag goes...not in the window.

anyone else read that forum? the driver admitted to driving 170+ earlier that day. i hope his insurance reads that!

There is absolutely no way someone that illiterate owns a 2010 Camaro SS. I'm sorry. It doesn't happen.

Well, there's talk on that forum of some kid saying he's getting one from his parents. It could (most likely) be pure BS, but I could almost believe it. Some parents are dumber than their kids these days.

After they called BS on him, the OP said he "mistyped" and hit the 7 instead of the 4, so he "really only had it up to 146". :rolleyes:

hmmph. The guy "says" he had it less than 24 hours, so that means he picked it up from the dealer and immediately went out and topped it out that evening.

Makes for good drama, I suppose. :shrug:

There is absolutely no way someone that illiterate owns a 2010 Camaro SS. I'm sorry. It doesn't happen.

um, we are talking about a camaro here...

there are rich trailer living rednecks out there. maybe it was one of the blue collar guys :shrug:

Look at the pics closer...it's obvious to see the cause of the accident.

And anytime I've ever seen a temp tag, it goes where the regular tag goes...not in the window.

Most states go with a temp window registration....they are cheaper and easier to make. I worked at a DMV for a while....there is nothing wrong with the dealer advertising plate being on it. Most of the time, the dealer is the one who gets the plates, not the buyer. Odds are they were waiting on the dealer to get them, the dealer issued a temp window registration, and were going to pick them up in a week or so.

hmmph. The guy "says" he had it less than 24 hours, so that means he picked it up from the dealer and immediately went out and topped it out that evening.

Don't see what's sop hard to believe about someone topping out a car right when they get it. My buddies uncle topped out his 996 Turbo on his way home from picking it up from the dealership. Then again they do come broken in from the factory so it's not like it's hard on the motor.

Aaron

Back