• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So i've always kinda wanted to get a Cougar...

99Mystique ATX

Hard-core CEG'er
Meet my new DD... 99 Cougar, v6/5-spd, sunroof, spoiler, sport package, 4-wheel disc, 88k miles, southern car, etc...

That's the good, now for the bad... Nasty rod knock, 3rd gear blocker rings are toast and sunroof is shot... Fortunately, I scored it for $400 and just so happen to have a spare engine... ;)

Look what followed us home!
cougar1.jpg

Hanging out the window for a quick shot...
cougar2.jpg

My dad looks oh so thrilled...
cougar3.jpg

Purple underglow... WTF!?!?
cougar4.jpg

Yea, that didn't last long...
cougar5.jpg

cougar6.jpg

cougar7.jpg

cougar8.jpg

Pretty psyched to finish up my 3L swap (waiting on HMS to finish up and send back trans) and then start tearing into the Cougar... :D

all dressed up and no place to go:blackeye: nice projects though:drool:

How do you get away with keeping TWO broken cars in the garage? I need some tips.

Very nice pickup BTW.

The SVT is getting an HMS?!?!?! That's sick!

You're a lucky man with all this CDW-27 madness around you! Nice pick-up.:cool:

Yep, Zetec FD, Torsen and the HMS rebuild... CDW-27's keep falling into my lap at great prices... I plan on keeping this one though. I've already got plans for the car... ;)

How do you get away with keeping TWO broken cars in the garage? I need some tips.

Very nice pickup BTW.

The Cougar is now back outside, only had it pulled in to rip out the underglow kit and play around with it for a bit.

congrats!
The more I see Cougars the more I think I want one. There are a ton around Manchester for some odd reason.

welcome to the wonderful world of cougars lol. I still miss having an svt but the cougars have a nice feel to them. Oh and I would have prob snagged it for that price as well.

Yep, just some cleaning. I think I may be converting it to a leather interior as i've already got the leather rear from a cougar in the local junkyard... :D

I need to do a one-touch down window relay for the passenger side. I can't stand not having it after it being in the SVT...

jeez score!

$400 for a cougar with rod knock is a steal, I was looking for one a while back to do the same thing, get one with rod knock put a new motor in and make it my DD. But ever rod knock cougar I found was like $1800 and the owners wouldnt budge. I could get a running/driving contour SE with a 5 speed for that much.

nice grab :cool:

Back