• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

dead

I just got my Warmonger front brakes on last night. Now to finish with the new turbo!!! I am waiting on one fitting. Then I can do the rears and some tuning.

Ive noticed that I have fallen away from the forum a little lately. This is the first time I have logged in since the 9th. :(

I have still decided that the Cougar is going to be sold but I am not going after it too quickly. Its licensed, enjoyable to drive and works well as the second car since the Volvo has expired tags. Been looking into picking up a house so my car mods are all on hold at the moment.

If the house falls through, Im probably going to bag the wagon and set her on twenties. :cool:

Troll for Life

Troll for Life

Update:
I sold the SVT about 3 weeks and bought the wife -e- a new to us ride. We got an 2001 Buick Regal GS. 245hp supercharged, gunmetal in color. I have never seen one in gunmetal, it looks awesome. I already have the stage one kit on order. Puts it at 280hp. Going to be a great sleeper for sure. My Getto Sable is going bye bye in feb. Have my eyes on a new toy, a turbo civic for A to B driving.
The 500WHP Trans Am has been put away for winter. Had to drive it one day in a winter storm. Ive never been so scared, 500hp + blinding snow + summer tires, 315mm in the rear = WHITE NUCKLED DRIVING. My 35min drive was an hour and half at 25mph on the interstate. SUV's were pissed, but I made it to work and back, never again. Car is insane fast on dry pavement. Thats my Dec. Update. -B.

My update:

1. I got a job.
2. Its in FL, so I dont need winter tires anymore.
3. It was is the 70s today.
4. I am waiting to hear back about an apartment Im hoping to move into.
5. After my move in and associated expenses (I dont own jack), I am saving up (down payment) and getting a new car. Im tired of the SVT. Its still a good car and will be sticking around a few months, but Im ready to move on.
6. Im not on CEG nearly as much as I used to. After working on a computer all day I generally dont feel like sitting in front of one again when I get home.
7. I want to go skiing.

That is all.

My Update:

Graduated
Got Married
Got a job in bountiful
Moved to Layton and got a house
Sold the Volvo and dont have a car
Heavily involved in semi-pro Airsoft.

My update:

I bought a house
I garaged the Contour
Bought a Maxima
Bought a dog
Had a Son
got a bigger turbo for the contour and in the process of installing it
shoveled a butt load of snow

CO was declared in a state of natural emergency earlier today!@!!!

BLIZZARD!!!

I might as well give a winter update, eh?

Married and loving it.
Working and enjoying it.
Starting to look for a house, but have no sort of down payment yet. Looking in Hood River, because The Dalles is pretty boring for a young couple with no kids.
Realizing that I'll never own a sports car again. :( Why can't cars appreciate like houses do?:p
Scion hit 30K miles, got some snow tires, and needs an oil change (but I'm not willing to lay down on a sheet of ice to change the oil, so I'm procrastinating).
Ashley wants to keep the Beetle, especially after dumping $500 into it due to cracked vaccum line, malfuntioning MAF, and new plugs/wires.
I'm still trying to convince Ashley that she wants an Outback Sport (I think the recent ice storm did the trick).
My brother made a webpage for a startup bike company Beyond Fabrications so I might get a sweet hookup on a new bike this spring.

That's about it. No much goin' on here. It's nice to be working and getting a paycheck. It's sad to think that I have more important things to blow money on instead of cars. :( :crazy:

Hey Scot, want a VW Beetle? Function took a 3rd or 4th row seat compared to Form, there's plenty of unusable space in the car (in the form of head room and a stupid-long dashboard)...but goddammnit if it isn't the cutest car on the road! :help:

Update

Just finished fall semester. . .3.6
CO got massive amounts of snow and I now have a ripped back
Track season is about to start and take over my life even more
3 semesters until graduation whooohooo, then maybe grad school
CO is supposed to get more snow thurs/fri :)
Got a new camera, flash, and battery pack for xmas
Haven't gotten married or had any kids to my knowledge
Loving being at home and having mom cook my food
and looking forward to next semester ending!

Hope everyone has a good holiday, and good to hear from you Derek. When you coming back to the SW?

I'll throw in my update too....

I'm single and loving it :)

I sold my interest in Road Kill INC. and now have my own business "Big Bambu Construction L.C" (Yes, I know how Bamboo should be spelled :p) . I'm moving into consulting in Industrial Hygiene (asbestos, lead, mold and other nasty stuff regulated by EPA, DAQ, OSHA, etc), but I'm still doing top-end finish carpentry and wood flooring.

Teaching Skylar (my one and only child) to snowboard and snow shoe.

Looking for another Victorian home to redo-n-flip.

Knee deep in Impala, still. It's just too cold to risk spraying any primers, let alone any paint or clear. I'm too much of a chicken to tempt fate with a space heater and flammables :shrug: :help:

Wow it is dead around here. But it's good to see the updates from everyone!

Here's mine....
We have a new baby boy on the way! Due March 6th. His name will be Boyd.

Still have the SRT-4. No big plans for it right now. But I do have new intercooler pipes and a water injection kit waiting to go on. It's turned into my commuter. Not that it's bad, 273whp @ 29mpg is fun. But, I might be trading it for something nicer, then again maybe not, hard to say. I'm kinda liking the 04+ Mercedes C230 Kompressor Sport. Don't much about them, but it's only an idea for now.

Got my wife, Sara, a 06 Jeep Liberty Sport. She loves it. I think we had it 3 days before it was lifted about 2.5" with new tires and wheels. Kinda makes me laugh that a lifted Liberty is the family car!

That crazy short motorcycle exhaust idea.... Well, it's in very limited production in my garage. I have tons of interest going now, and I have actually sold a few of them, with a few more pending payment. Here's my cheesy AOL page for it....
http://hometown.aol.com/pinebox4u2/Pinebox_Screamer.html

Back