• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

A CSVT on passtime on Speed channel?

...but a 3l turbo in a contour sounds appetizing to me.

true all the way, trust me:). it'd indeed be close, but here's how its gonna go to the 1/4: The evo will start and leave a couple of car lengths between it and the tour, while it sits there spinning wheels. when the tour finally gets traction in 3rd, right around 50mph, it'll then start to catch up. the car lengths will drop to about half, just when the 1/4 ends. evo wins. the only chance a turbo'd tour has is race to 120. the tour will win everytime. like i said b4. its more fun in the tour.

Its funny how owners of jap crap get all worked up and have something to prove.....ahahaha very amusing. Live with it, don't cry about it. ppl like that are killing the economy:nonono: Its disgusting.

Anyone can finance a fast car and think they are superior. Just do it right and support the economy,buy American :blackeye:

Squak Squak

I love how all the morons seem to be on the other side of the US. Prob better for them anyway. No sense of PRIDE, or RESPECT.

Squak Squak

I love how all the morons seem to be on the other side of the US. Prob better for them anyway. No sense of PRIDE, or RESPECT.

I love how you call me a moron and get really person with your responce when all I said was your logic was flawed. But other than that, as more American companies move their plants to Mexico and Canada, Toyota is building plants in the States.

Recently, a study from the Ann Arbor, Michigan-based Center for Automotive Research (CAR) shows Toyota's investment of $13.4 billion in its U.S. operations contributed 386,300 jobs and $14.4 billion in wages to the U.S. economy in 2003.

What isn't clear is how Mustang fans like Fred Barkley, president of the Bluegrass Mustang Club of Lexington, Ky., would react to the news that the Mustang is only 65% American, at least by one government measure. Told the Toyota Sienna has higher North American content than the Mustang, he was surprised. It's pretty clear to us that driving a Tundra helps the U.S. economy more than driving a Dodge Ram…not to mention it's more "American".
1) The Dodge is 72% domestic parts, with the transmission coming from Germany
2) The Tundra has 75% domestic parts, with the most expensive components (engine and transmission) being made in the U.S.

My family doesn't own a single "foreign" car. We have a Saturn, Oldsmobile, and a Tahoe. You can't say buying from foreign is going to hurt the economy when they provide jobs for Americans. I'm am also not saying buying American is bad. I am just providing a medium, they both provide jobs and both benefit our economy. But then again, I am not an economist so my logic here can also be flawed, so if anyone wants to correct me I would really care to listen and learn.

On a side note: I can't wait to see this episode on TV. I haven't seen Ryan's SVT in action before.

Its funny how owners of jap crap get all worked up and have something to prove.....ahahaha very amusing. Live with it, don't cry about it. ppl like that are killing the economy:nonono: Its disgusting.

Anyone can finance a fast car and think they are superior. Just do it right and support the economy,buy American :blackeye:

Haha ???? off.

please point me in the direction of a comparable american car for 20 grand

Its open discussion on an open forum. i must of missed when they turned you into a mod
Noone turned me into a mod. Open forum doesn't exactly mean it's right to clutter up another person's thread with useless feuding:shrug:

You two will never sway one another... Why not just drop it:confused:

Noone turned me into a mod. Open forum doesn't exactly mean it's right to clutter up another person's thread with useless feuding:shrug:

You two will never sway one another... Why not just drop it:confused:

Hey, guess what... YOU'RE cluttering it up just as much! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Off to the G8 forums with you!

And off to the Jeep forums for me!

:laugh:

I'm already there... Rawburt and I (also Robert) are just having some fun. :laugh:

I still own some Contours though. :blackeye:

Last edited:
I can't spend too much time on the G8 forum, or I'll have 500 HP and no monies...or rear tires. :laugh:

Cam, headers, tune...it's all too easy with this car. :cool:

Last edited:
Back