• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Just found out my build #

Different front brakes, Different wheels, Harness change I believe, a few other things.

early 98 and 98.5 through 99 have different engine harnesses because of the internal vs external pats to the pcm.

the harness then changed again for the returnless fuel system cars in late 99 and for 2k + (for the cougars)

early 98 and 98.5 through 99 have different engine harnesses because of the internal vs external pats to the pcm.

Umm...are you sure about that? I was pretty sure that the 2000 returnless PCM XGT1 was the only one with internal PATS...but I don't have any experience with anything besides 2000's.

Umm...are you sure about that? I was pretty sure that the 2000 returnless PCM XGT1 was the only one with internal PATS...but I don't have any experience with anything besides 2000's.

the only SVT PCM code was XGT1 as I understand it.

only 98 cars had the external pats system. anything 98.5 + has the pats system build into the PCM.

so if you have a 98 you can swap to any 98 PCM and not worry about programming keys. but for the 98.5+ if you swap pcms its best to get the keys with it so you can swap the chips in the keys or program your keys to the PCM.

Back