• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tallest 3l lower intake manifold

Livinsvt

Veteran CEG'er
So who here in there 3l travels has come across a slightly taller 3l lower intake manifold? My plastic 02 and the 04 I have here are the same. I thought for sure one of the models out there had one that was slightly taller, Mazda maybe?

Wow quick on the reply!

Maybe thats what I was thinking. Wasn't that an escape motor you had? Any chance you could measure it for me? Or could someone take a measurement please? I think my 02/04 were around 2.5".

i've looked for a taller one too :)

in my searches, they are all the same. the only differences are injector angle (very slight)

mostly due to different rail styles/sizes.

my 05 rail has less injector angle than my 02 and the dimensions on the LIM are the same, but the injectors do not fit in the 02 LIM all the way, with the 05 rail. kinda strange.

let me know if you find a taller one, i wanna bring mine up a little bit lol

do you just want a measurement of the UIM?

I can try and get a measurement before it goes back to the junkyard to replace it with a good motor.

hmm I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure the LIM on the escape is the same height it would be the upper that varies I missed that in the initial post:nonono:

Bummer. Ill have to look around. I think maybe none standard Ford, i.e. Mazda/Jag. Not sure though.

I guess I will have to look into the Mazda and Jag setups. Just need a little taller. With out going custom.

If you still need a measurement, I can do it once I get home. I've got an '04 Escape LIM sitting on my workbench.

Thanks for the offer. Its been determined that there all the same. So I wont be needing it now.

Ill figure something out

Maybe pick up some phenolic material and make a spacer to your required thickness. That way, you will solve your height need :)

Back