• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Some random pics from the local Autozone collectables show!

The car was apparently done by Focus Sport and its got a turbo as well as a nice fmic and an "official" looking plate on the engine that says the hp and torque, looks very factory and the entire car is very sanitary in its execution. All Ford needs is to see it and find out what they did and build it...NOW:rolleyes:

The car was apparently done by Focus Sport and its got a turbo as well as a nice fmic and an "official" looking plate on the engine that says the hp and torque, looks very factory and the entire car is very sanitary in its execution. All Ford needs is to see it and find out what they did and build it...NOW:rolleyes:

I think it was built for a show on speed channel. I remember watching a tuner build off show where focus sport built a 2 door focus coupe.

I think it was built for a show on speed channel. I remember watching a tuner build off show where focus sport built a 2 door focus coupe.

Its not the same car because that one was painted that Parnelli Jones special color, kinda like orange and yellow mixed and even had a hockey stick type stripe down the side IIRC but one thing that could've been applied is the engine upgrades. I've grown to like the new Focus 2dr and even the little roof wing is cool, nice touch! Now they need to add a "nice touch" when you touch the pedal on the far right:shrug:

I'm sure you guys have missed these pics, so here they are, enjoy!

When's the last time you've seen one of these!?!?
img1239489380440.jpg

img1239489379697.jpg

the wet spot under the car:shrug:

Rare 211 track car!
img1239490388665.jpg
and how does that guy get any work done with a race car out side his office window:shrug:

Oh, no way. The SVT/STs were MUCH slower. But I was just reminding you of Ford's much forgotten and VERY much underappreciated SCC, the FST. It probably would handle circles around the Cobalt, though....

Oh, no way. The SVT/STs were MUCH slower. But I was just reminding you of Ford's much forgotten and VERY much underappreciated SCC, the FST. It probably would handle circles around the Cobalt, though....

Which Cobalt, the XFE:shrug:certainly not the SS that was tuned on the ring and the one that has 260/260 and runs low 14's at almost 100 mph and pulls g's in the high .8's, right, not that one:shrug:

Which Cobalt, the XFE:shrug:certainly not the SS that was tuned on the ring and the one that has 260/260 and runs low 14's at almost 100 mph and pulls g's in the high .8's, right, not that one:shrug:
Well, considering the ST pulls g's in the high .8's, I'd say they're alot more even than either one of us think:shrug:

Plus, I have said very clearly that the ST is much slower. I also said nothing about power in that last post. And the ST pulls 15s at over 90, BTW

as mentioned, thats the Focus Sport focus. it has a turbo set up on it. it was at the big ford show out here last weekend. i took some pics of it and its engine. sooo clean. :cool:

i was reading an article in C&D that said the new cobalt ss ran around VIR's road course faster than an Evo MR and an ISF :shocked:

even the editors were like :shocked::eek:

i was reading an article in C&D that said the new cobalt ss ran around VIR's road course faster than an Evo MR and an ISF :shocked:

even the editors were like :shocked::eek:

I'm not shocked at all. The CSS is a GREAT all-around car. and certainly better than the FST. But I'm saying that in a purely handling test, the ST will beat the CSS:shrug:. Fords are known to be a better balanced and better handling car, and there's no denying that the Cobalt isn't exactly a world-class compact to begin with. I don't bother trying to keep track of who says what; but magazines have always loved the handling of even the base model Focus. Considering the ST has just as much if not more than the CSS in suspenion upgrades, things have to add up, IMO...

Point taken about saying the Focus is slower, but for a few bucks more I'll take the handling and power...oh wait, Ford just has the handling:eek:

Back