• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

OK, we didn't kill the entire car..... trailer project

Wow. All the trailer pics look like photoshops. Too funny.

Blu- Turned out waaay cooler than expected. I thought it would be good for a laugh but it is actually really freakin' awesome! Great job. :cool:

vw-beetle-trailer.jpg
Coolest bike trailer ever!! :drool: I wish I could do something like this for my cycle.

blu - I can't wait to hear how much your highway mileage drops! You're going to have some serious drag! Trailer DOES look fantastic though. :cool:

Coolest bike trailer ever!! :drool: I wish I could do something like this for my cycle.

blu - I can't wait to hear how much your highway mileage drops! You're going to have some serious drag! Trailer DOES look fantastic though. :cool:

When you have something that cool behind you... you don't mind a few extra gallons of gas.

Though honestly that 3 liter should have more than enough power that it won't be a huge issue.

that is sick joe. you do gotta bring the trailer down about an inch to make it match perfectly, but that thing is sexy as all hell. it is a great replica man, i can't say much else. props!

Things I will have done for SZ:
-post98 sails
-exhaust tips
-most of the interior

maybe:
-VW roof mount antenna
-reverse lights
-3rd brake light
-interior light and power
-black lug nuts
-window tint

You've got to make sure you add yellow calipers to one of these lists!! This is absolutely awesome, Joe!!

Mark

I was going to do the drum to disc swap and even had the knuckles and calipers. I just sold the rear knuckles because I will just powder coat the drum covers chrome to make it look like a rotor. No calipers either. Not sure why I decided to go that way, but that's how it will be.

The height of the trailer is a little taller than the car and I wanted to lower it. After pulling it now and seeing/feeling how nice it rides I think putting in the koni/GC's will make the trailer too ridgid and jerky so I will just leave the suspension as is.

The roof mount antenna I really wanted to do. I also wanted to mount the mystique rear dome light in the trailer but I can't have the roof antenna and the dome light in the same location.

I was just informed that I don't have enough lights on the trailer for it to be legal either. I need more running lights along the front-top of the trailer and possibly some lights on the sides :blackeye:.

The list goes on..... :eek:.

Gas mileage.... eh, who cares :D. Few more gallons a year is no problem :D

Thanks for the encouragement and good comments. It is still a love/hate type of thing to people but I think most appreciate the work and detail of it at least.

I was just informed that I don't have enough lights on the trailer for it to be legal either. I need more running lights along the front-top of the trailer and possibly some lights on the sides :blackeye:.

That sucks, but at least some running lights shouldn't be to much of a PITA to add.

Should be pretty easy and might look cool on that upper most flat spot on the trailer. I will look tonight for some nice lights.

Back