• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

which is a zetec trans

montrese04

Veteran CEG'er
i know the pic is not the best but it was spare of the moment. I wanted to know if any of these are Zetec transmission. because i'm looking to do a mtx-75/zetec final drive mod

0401091804-1.jpg

i think they are all zetecs. the one in the middle on the right looks very close but the top mounting bolts look strange.

That pic sucks.

But the bottom 2 are not mtx75's
Center left is not mtx75
Center right is an mtx 75
Top left is not an mtx 75
Top right doesn't look like to be an mtx75 as well

So if in that pile there was 1 mtx75 that was a zetec the center right would be it.
You need to get a picture of the bellhousings as thats the difference between duratec and zetec mtx75 trannies

Get better pics and we can help

That pic sucks.

But the bottom 2 are not mtx75's
Center left is not mtx75
Center right is an mtx 75
Top left is not an mtx 75
Top right doesn't look like to be an mtx75 as well

So if in that pile there was 1 mtx75 that was a zetec the center right would be it.
You need to get a picture of the bellhousings as thats the difference between duratec and zetec mtx75 trannies

Get better pics and we can help

i agree with you that center right pic is a mtx75 with the old shift rod sticking from it. but next time i go i will take a better pic.

Look at the starter mounting plate/area when you figure out which ones are MTX-75's. Zetec has 3 starter bolts. Duratec has 2 & sits on top of the trans.

thanks ob1. and hopefully this trans will have the output shaft that only has two parts. if so i will be coming your way pretty soon in a 3l with zetec final drive.

come to think of it. how many people on here have a zetec final drive in there mtx-75?

Back