• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Would this spoiler look good?

millertime86

CEG'er
maybe. give it a shot

Wow, that really helps him you tard. :troutslap:

No, that is not a 95-97 lip spoiler. Totally different. IMO, the only spoiler that should be used a on 95-97 is the lip spoiler. Other spoilers don't look right on that trunk because of how it's shaped.

That would only look good on the 98+ since the break light on it is so long.

Stick with the lip spoiler if any spoiler.

Last edited:
alright thanks everybody, im glad i didnt bid on it. 6 or 7 months ago i saw a lip spoiler on ebay, and i was gonna wait untill the end of the auction to bid on it, and i forgot, it went for 15 bucks. there hasnt been one on ebay since then! Ive been to 4 junk yards, nothing! how rare are these lip spoilers?? does anyone know where i can get one online or anything?

alright thanks everybody, im glad i didnt bid on it. 6 or 7 months ago i saw a lip spoiler on ebay, and i was gonna wait untill the end of the auction to bid on it, and i forgot, it went for 15 bucks. there hasnt been one on ebay since then! Ive been to 4 junk yards, nothing! how rare are these lip spoilers?? does anyone know where i can get one online or anything?

They have been on eBay for a while now.

Here you go. :)

yes ive always seen that auction. are you sure thats the right spoiler. it doesnt even look like it comes up off the hood.

uummmm, im pretty sure it comes off the trunk alittle bit, maybe im wrong, but that spoiler looks nothing like the ones i saw. does anyone have any pictures of a stock pre-98 spoiler on a stock pre-98 contour?

Last edited:
uummmm, im pretty sure it comes off the trunk alittle bit, maybe im wrong, but that spoiler looks nothing like the ones i saw. does anyone have any pictures of a stock pre-98 spoiler on a stock pre-98 contour?

No, it does not come off the trunk, again why it's called a lip spoiler.

DSCF1154Medium.jpg

DSCF1151Medium.jpg

c15ec08e.jpg

DSCF1226Medium.jpg

Picture009Medium.jpg

dang, i always thought they came up off of the trunk alittle in the middle. i can barley even notice its there!

are the bottoms of the lip spoiler completely flat and do you just tape/glue it on? on the one i saw awhile ago on ebay, you mounted it with 2 screws and it looked like it would come up off the trunk alittle. but it looked exactly like this one. http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=4723

Back