• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Is this anyones car?

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
So I was surfing through eBay and came across this SVT Contour

Looks pretty good and it has some nice looking stripes. I don't think I've seen this car on the forums though. I think I would have remembered it as I've always been a fan of putting stripes on an SVT. Anyone recognize this one?

frontstriped.jpg
frontstriped2.jpg

He lives about 25-30 minutes from me. The car, when I saw it last year, was very clean. The stripes are actually painted on and clear coated as well. I don't feel like digging it up, but I posted it in the Northeast Section.

P5290056.jpg

P5290057.jpg

These stripes are horrible

To each his own I guess. I think the stripes have been done quite nicely. My plan is to paint stripes like this on my car to match my bronze wheels at some point. It'll look tit'ly delicious.

eww... bronze wheels... and stripes?

what if you change your wheels?

EDIT: checked out your Car Domain. i wouldnt ruin your very clean T-Red with stripes. but i guess i would have to see a photoshop er somethin

check my edit..

actually... i like your car the way it is.

Right on. Well I'm not totally decided on it, but I'm a huge fan of stripes on cars. I'm just not sure how I want to go about it on my SVT. The dual stripes with the pin stripes on the outer edges looks good. However I'm contemplating a single stripe to the one side, to highlight my potential hood scoop that I may put in the hood for a turbo inlet.

i like the double strips on older muscle cars. to me only few cars can pull of the dual stripes today.. including mustangs, some chargers, and some trucks. but not a contour.

i like the offset stripe on the newer cars. i dont think ive seen one on a contour, but again... i think a photoshop is in need.

if i had your car i wouldnt change a thing. its pretty killer

if i had your car i wouldnt change a thing. its pretty killer

Thanks, but... it needs to be faster ;) I compare it to my Camaro everytime I drive it lol. I haven't had that car in a runable condition for 2 years. That will change this summer though. I'm purchasing some aluminum Patriot Performance heads for it in about a week to replace the crack camel hump heads I had in it. In any case like I said before a turbo is in the near future for the SVT to remedy this issue.

haha... every thing should be faster. what year camaro?

turbo:drool: hopefully next summer ill turbo my mazda. but idk. buy i really wouldnt change the looks of your SVT. i saw your car on the hightower howto when i first joined the site... and ive liked your car ever since. its really amazing what you did with it. most people wouldnt have botherd considering its just a contour and arent worth much at all... esp the way you found it.

I like those stipes... Even my wife does, now she is more willing to let me do the stripes on mine, still hates the idea of them being grabber green though lol.

haha black and green goes good... not goign to your CD but i think thats what it is.

my mazda is laser blue... im thinking of an offset black stripe idk which side... does it matter?

Yeah I painted it black last year, dupont Nason 2k single stage urethane so I am not worried about putting a couple of stripes down it, she just hates the color green :D to bad for her that the engine paint I bought is that color, I got a green hose kit to put on, and everything else is getting painted that color, so if any stripes go on that color, then thats what they are gonna be.

Generally the reason racers added stripes is cause before they looked good they were actually functional, it was to give them a straight line to site down to judge distance to the wall and that sort of thing. If you are painting stripes on a left hand drive car, and want them offset to one side, you would generally put them on the right.

Back