• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Windows 7 is not compatable with SCT

FYI I tried installing advantage 3.0 on my Vista 64 computer and it will not install. I contacted SCT and they are working on a fix but at the moment they do not support Vista 64. :(

yeah, vista 64 has some weird issues with that kinda stuff. I still cant get my ford CD working, and I havent tried live link yet.

yes I know how to switch compatibility modes.

You can try using a virtual machine.
Download Virtual PC from Microsoft (it is free).
Set it up to run XP 32 bit.
then install and run it from within the Virtual XP environment.

Only problem is that older versions of VPC wouldn't see the USB ports of the host. I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if that holds true with the newer versions.

Only problem is that older versions of VPC wouldn't see the USB ports of the host. I haven't used it in a while so I don't know if that holds true with the newer versions.
Still doesn't use USB except for a mouse or keyboard.

Tried it and no USB so no go. You need to partition your harddrive so you have a 32bit OS on it or run it on a different computer.

Back