• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ugh, stuck in the snow

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
I just managed to get myself stuck in the snow for the first time. :blackeye: All the times I've driven in bad weather, I've never been in a position I couldn't just rock myself out or pull away slowly and get moving.

I backed the car out of the driveway covered in snow so I can clear it across the street. There is a little bit of an incline on this dirt road where I was, so when I went to pull away to come back in the driveway, and the back end just kept swinging around and eventually slide further and further down the ditch.

A guy with an Avalanche pulled me out and I threw him a $20. I felt so embarrassed. I'm usually the one hopping in someones car to get them unstuck, or pushing them out of a spot. :mad:

Next time I think I'll just clear the car in the driveway and shovel after. :laugh:

Wait, you mean you actually drove that thing? :laugh:

BTW Tony, during that first snowstorm (the one that composed of the ENTIRE weekend), I helped push a newer BMW 7-series through a parking lot that hadn't been plower. I thought of you :laugh:

man yesterday sucked .... we had qbsvt up for some transmission work. it took over two hours to get his car into the shop. The hill leading up to the doors was pretty icy. The trailer almost got stuck after the van and trailer slid back down the hill. we leave the trailer and then have to get the van un stuck. After that we use the chains on the trailer to pull it around so we can get it back on the van. After getting everything turned around again the van made it to the top of the hill. But again at the top got stuck and we had to work it forward more. get the car off the trailer and have trouble pushing it inside as again its all ice. Used the cougar we have to pull the SVT inside. We go to leave after parking the vvan and trailer, leaving the trailer the van gets stuck. Same ting happened again when we went to get the trailer .... man what fun ......

My friend spun out on 95 yesterday. He was going slow but hit a groove of snow where a plow didn't catch and it just kicked out. He stopped just short of the guard rail.

Today was the first time for me, too. All the stuff that had been packed down got re- covered and frozen. I couldn't catch traction at all. We had to clear the entire driveway out and chip the living crap out of the ice/slush/snow for me to get out.

That sucked!

I warmed up the car in preparation of leaving the house today. Thank God I did, cause I sat just below the rev limiter for a solid 15 sec in 2nd gear just to keep the car moving:blackeye:

I have been kicking the :censored::censored::censored::censored: out of this winter! Going out in the middle of the storms to the bar and whatnot. I have not once been close to getting stuck. I did almost slide into a lightpost at a semi occupied movie theater parking lot when somehow my hand slipped onto the ebrake and pulled it back. :blackeye: :crazy: I refuse to be inconvenienced and kept home by weather.

Another part of my problem was Traction Control thinking it knows best. Even when I did get my car out, I had to turn it off to get going. Stupid computers.

Another part of my problem was Traction Control thinking it knows best. Even when I did get my car out, I had to turn it off to get going. Stupid computers.

Yeah, a few times my car stalled out because the TC was trying to take over too much. It dropped the wheel spin down to the point where the engine would shut off.

I cleared off the T-Car and moved it out of the way so that all the snow from it could be plowed away. I then left her running for a while as we got ready to go, and by time we hopped in to go out to lunch, the car was snow free. It had been sitting in the 36 degree sun. Roads up our way were great, so it was smooth as silk. We rolled down to the Weathervane restaurant by the water and had dinner at about 4 o'clock. Talk about blue hairs! Pulling up in a Town Car to eat fish at 4! :cool: :laugh:

Dear God, you have the most relaxing life ever! Why don't oyu just retire and get it over with already?:crazy:

What a heartening comment. :cool: I do loves me my weekends and going out to eat. We've got our breakfast places, and our lunch and dinner places, too. Just wish I had more money. :laugh:

Lovey, where shall we dine tonight?!

42717_90990_1.jpg

Back