• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ebay off-brand Dynamat?

the contour has some of that on the doors, and the probe has around 120sq ft inside it of the stuff. made the hatch area nearly silent

Sweet, thanks guys. Looks like i'll be covering the inside of my trunk with this stuff. The new Bosal's have quite a bit of drone, and the wifey's not having it. :laugh:

For the price, it's killer. It's not as thick as Dynamat Xtreme, which is about 62-65 mils thick, but it is less than half the price!

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=2213

^It was $56 a few weeks ago. I bought 3 of them and shipping was $26. So I would say get the eDead stuff, probably only lose a small amount of damping, but will be easier to work with due to it being thinner.

P.s. If you plan on using the included roller, weld a bead onto each end of the roller pin, as the support arms will bend out if you use any real pressure with the roller, and then the roller falls off the handle :crazy:

here are a couple shots from what i have so far in my truck, i'm not done yet.

DSC_0002Large.jpg

DSC_0001Large.jpg

I was mainly needing this to do my Mustang interior but I'd guess when I upgrade speakers this spring I should do my doors. How was it to work with? Any install tips?
Thanks, J

Well I decided to go with the 25 sq.ft. Of Fatmat off ebay. Its a little thicker, and a little bit more than the edead but still only paid $45 shipped.

i lined my trunk in fatmat. installed it decently, but by the time i sold that car about a year later, it started to peel off. think it was the heat from the summer. take your time installing it. the roller and heat gun are key.

oh and p.s.

the blue ink fatmat uses to print their graphics comes off easily. you'll look like a smurf by the time you're finished. don't pick your nose. people will know :laugh:

how much would you figure is needed to do the front doors and trunk area? I im not covering everything inch in the trunk either, would 25sqf be enough?

Yeah I got my 25sq. ft. in a couple weeks ago, and it didn't quite get the whole trunk covered like I would have liked. I'd say it did about 3/4 of it, so I plan to get another 25sq. ft. sooner or later.

What is the process for applying besides the roller and heat? I see lots of overlaps and random placing, what is the overall goal of this stuff?

Back