• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Everyone Beware Of ADC (Arizona Dyno Chip)!!!!!!

Wow, way to stir the pot! He wasn't asking for anyone's help in resolving his issue, only informing people that ADC is a bunk business. Like I said in my previous post, I've already been saying that for well over a year! ADC's customer service is pathetic at best. Not answering a customer, or even a potential customer, doesn't speak kindly to the masses.

An fwiw, I wouldn't have stopped at 35 emails if he was scamming me out of what I paid for. As far as I'm concerned, he should get a full refund and should send his chip back.

Oh, and Nima isn't talking about his SVT. This is his 96blackSE, as in his screen name. :idea:

Mark

I thought I was clear about this. My calling Keith had nothing to do with helping anyone. I've spent money with ADC and was concerned about what 96BlackSE was saying. There is always two sides to every story and I wanted to hear what Keith had to say. I would have refrained from saying anything at all but Keith said he would not be posting here so I thought I'd pass on his side of the story.

Draw your own conclusions, but please dont add conjecture involving my name.

Mail order tunes suck. The only way to get a good tune is on a dyno with someone who knows how a car actually works.

For instance. The guy that tuned my car (Cam at Lightspeed Innovations) Tuned a Stock CSVT about a year ago, When i got my car tuned we decided to start off with the old tune he used on the other CSVT. Basically nothing worked and the car ran like crap, so we changed a bunch of things and pretty much built a brand new tune. My car needed a LOT more fuel than the other one and some more timing.

Just my .02

what about just getting a superchips or jet chip? will it do much. jet has stage 1 and stage 2. stage 2 being for a non-stock car

You dont read the fourms much do ya ;)

Xcal is as far as the populous is concerned the only way to go

:eek: hmmm....my buddy's 3rd gen SHO is sitting at ADC right now. the motor blew while Keith was dynoing it. so now my friend is having a turbo installed and TH manual trans from a contour. Keith says he can easily figure out how to make the computer work with the trans. its been months already and so far a little work has been done, like having custom pistons made (or so Keith says--we live pretty far away to just go check).

anyone think he can pull it off? my buddy has already sent him around $5k and about $4k more is due.

Is this who I think it is steve??

This is why I went with brendspeed. Now granted I never got a decent tune from him either, but w/e...I expect nothing from these auto shop clowns. :rolleyes:

And like I asked you in that PM, did you send him any dyno graphs? Did you tell him to turn off your IMRC? How about fixing that fugged up missfiring issue you had? You can't even begin to tune if you have that sort of mechanical issue. I tried telling you, Brenspeed doesn't specialize in Contours, they work primarily with Mustangs. He wasn't even aware of 3L swaps until I had him send me an Xcal2. But having a car that ran decent in the first place, sending him a dynograph to work with, and giving him a little background and information helped out. I posted my dyno graphs about a week after I received my Xcal2 from Brenspeed.

Mark

Mail order tunes suck. The only way to get a good tune is on a dyno with someone who knows how a car actually works.

yep, the cobra tuner i go to refuses to sell any mail order tunes because he said they always have problems and make the tuner look bad. he'll only do it on the dyno, and his are considered top notch in the area.

And like I asked you in that PM, did you send him any dyno graphs? Did you tell him to turn off your IMRC? How about fixing that fugged up missfiring issue you had? You can't even begin to tune if you have that sort of mechanical issue.

speaking of which, when i drove my tour to ADC for the 3L tune, my buddy followed me in his 3rd gen SHO (dont ask). anywho, he wanted to just get it dyno'd to see what kind of power it was putting down. keith then said, "want me to dyno tune it? i can pull more hp out of it" he called his personal mechanic (my engineer buddy) who said "you cant dyno tune that thing, its got a misfire!" Keith said it was alright and he could do tune it anyways. engineer/mechanic John said, "alright, but im warning you it might mess up your car..etc...." --also first time keith had ever seen a V8 SHO :help:
car goes on dyno, car goes boom. turns out there wasnt enough oil in the motor and it blew. (engineer/mechanic john said he feels the shop should have checked for that beforehand, but thats another issue). so my buddys car was stuck there. im not sure, but i think he even charged him for the tune :rolleyes: he's a really cool guy but he had me kinda wondering. he did get my contour straightened out real good though. although i think he did forget to bypass(?) the 02 sensors cuz my car wouldnt pass smog at first.

Whats the name of the place and what does he charge? You can PM me if you want.

Thanks,
Greg

Racer's Edge Tuning (RET)
http://racersedgetuning.com/

you can also find him (greg) on this local forum, easiest way to get ahold of him. feel free to join. lots of out-of-staters
http://socalterminators.com/forums/index.php

also B&D Racing, (Brian), is right by my house, is reallllly well known in the Mustang community for years and has a solid rep.
http://www.bdracing.net/index2.asp

both shops charge around $450 for a tune, not including hand held programmer. RET uses XCAL/SCT and B&D uses Diablo/Predator (iirc).

I've been convinced since the beginning of my learning about auto modifications that dyno tuning is the only way to go. It just makes sense. Every car is different, just like people.

Mail-order tunes can get to 90% but I don't think anything beats having the tuner right there working with the computer for a few hours.

I did my first turbo set-up mail order tune with Keyser (Chris) he was great.
I ordered my pistons from ADC...they were cut too small...Chris helped me out too.

Please don't confuse the two.

I then built my current turbo set-up, and I wanted to go through them again. Mail is difficult, but getting Keith to talk to me was VERY difficult, then I told him maybe I would like to move up to the xcal and send him back my chip/switch etc. PLus they originally told me they'd give me a deal on another tune. Anyway...I ended going to someone local so I could break the car in, and they couldn't tune it exactly right, but did provide a "decent" base tune.

I called Keith again and said "Hey I have this tune can you just tweak a couple things on it" He said he'd look at it...and he did, but never sent me back anything. then i kept calling him to talk about it and tell him the details of my current set-up. I then got an email saying that he makes his livliehood from this and I was making it difficult to do me a favor.

I was pissed...I didn't ask for any d@mn favor I was going to pay him again even, but I wanted a good tune. I gave him a freaking base tune already!!!

So i went with Tom (Warmonger) which i suggest everyone do...my car ran so much better and Tom know what he's doing. ADC takes a bunch of the difficult stuff out of the program timing tables etc...so it's easier, but let me tell you those are the things that make a difference. I believe Tom to the THE BEST contour tuner that I know of.

If you really wanted. You could sit down with a book. Buy the PRP(pro racer package) and learn to road tune the car yourself. Plus this way you can ALWAYS change stuff, rather than having one tune forever (or having to spend more money on dyno time etc.)

Thats what i'll be doing for the Cobra. I wont change timing and stuff right away, but fuel should be pretty easy. Probably want an Lm-1 to datalog stuff along the way too.

Well I called ADC a couple of times after posting and after numerous calls and being hanged up on I was able to talk to Keith earlier today I suggested he takes the chip back and gives me a refund... and the answer was "ummm NO!"
The option he told me was that he is gonna send me one other tune to my email and that he didn't want to hear from me once again... And since my problem is to get the car to run right this option didn't really sound too good...

I suggested another way to to sort out the mess since he doesn't want to give me my money back or tune my car so it runs properly... Lets see if he will come through or is it gonna be like all the other times when I was promised a tune later on that night and ended up receiving nothing....

I'll keep you guys posted wish me LUCK!

Back